IMDb > Night Eyes II (1991) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Night Eyes II More at IMDbPro »

Works best as a celebration of Tweed's body.

Author: gridoon
11 September 2001

Shannon Tweed, who is of course incomparably better that Tanya Roberts (the star of the first "Night Eyes") in every possible way, spices up this erotic thriller that is a sequel only in the sense that Andrew Stevens plays the same character. Tweed has some really steamy workout scenes, and her sex scenes are very well-photographed, but eventually get a little boring through overlength. The plot is minimal, though the film tries to "pump up" the thriller aspect in the last 20 minutes, by including some unexpectedly brutal and raw violence. (**)

Another good erotica movie with the sexy Shannon Tweed.

Author: Brian-272 from Oakwood, Virginia USA
7 June 2001

Night Eyes II is another one of those movies filled with erotica that I like many others will watch many times to view the sexy and hot Shannon Tweed. This is one of the early works of Tweed and one of her sexy movies of all-time. Shannon stars as the unhappy wife of a wealthy diplomat who starts up a hot and passionate love affair with a security expert (Andrew Stevens) who's hired to protect her. Andrew is a lucky man. I hope most of you all know that Shannon Tweed is the fantasy of every man! It's proven by watching Night Eyes II watch and see for yourself.

Not bad, as these kind of things go

Author: (dj_bassett) from Philadelphia
3 June 2005

Andrew Stevens is a security expert hired to put in a surveillance system for Shannon Tweed and her husband, a foreign dignitary who's recently been attacked. The relationship between Mrs. and Mr. Tweed is strained, Stevens starts eyeballin' her, and, well, one thing leads to another. I don't especially find Tweed attractive, but she's not a bad actress, and is relatively believable as a fragile, unloved woman. The plot makes sense, more or less, rare for this genre -- there's some slow spaces but there's actually a couple of good fights at the end.

The love scenes are pretty silly. Although a bit with a bowl of raspberries (a takeoff of 9 1/2 WEEKS?) was funny.

Not bad, as far as these things go. Which for this genre is a big thumbs up.

my first shannon tweed movie

Author: drakan_reborn from Cleveland
15 May 2003

I recently became a fan of Tweed for some reason i don't know of. Probably because she is hot. Anyway, I finally got up enough balls to go to blockbuster and rent a movie of hers (i didn't want people thinking I was a perve or something). That movie was Night Eyes II. This is the one movie that many sites Ive looked at said this was her best work, and based on reviews here, I was expecting a decent movie. I was dissapointed to say the least.

Shannon is no doubt one of the sexiest women alive, but she couldn't make this movie work. The plot (or lack there of) was about a night security guy who is hired to survey an ambassadors property after an attack on them. The ambassador's wife then hires the security guy to be her personal bodyguard. That wasn't a good idea. They make love twice after that, and thats it. The sex was slow, boring, and involved an excersize machine and some berries. Real exciting. Not very erotic if you ask me. But, then again, this movie wasn't about intercourse, it actually wanted you to be thrilled at the plot. There was nothing "thrillish" about this movie. I knew what the ending was 10 minutes into the movie.

The acting in general was OK. Shannon Tweed isn't gifted but most of the time gets the job done. Andrew Stevens is pretty bad, but i wasn't expecting much anyway. Everybody else did their part well.

The action sequences are probably the worst you'll ever see. Dont watch any gun fight or fist fight because you'll die laughing at how awful it looks. The sound was dreadful as well. The music sucked and the guns sounded like a cork being popped out of a wine bottle.

Since I cant recommend any better Shannon Tweed movie because this is my first, I'm pretty sure there are better ones out there. If you watch this looking for Shannon Tweed like I did, you will likely be dissapointed. She does get naked but she is not seductive like she is known to be. 2/10 for the two times you see her nude.

An inferior step-down from the first, as with most sequels!

Author: Matt Carr from Wallback, West Virginia
25 December 1998

Well, I said it all. Pretty much what's in the one-line summary. And, no, I don't think Shannon Tweed helped.

Will Griffith (Andrew Stevens), star of Night Eyes I, has found a new job: protecting Marilyn Mejenes (Shannon Tweed), an American-born woman, and her husband, Hector. Hector is some kind of diplomat I think, and is running for President. Anyway, a mysterious attacker has been stalking over Marilyn's mansion. It isn't long before Will and Marilyn fall in love. And the usual trouble ensues...

I found this movie to be a RATHER inferior step-down from the first. It wasn't a complete waste, but the action (and I mean the violence, with guns), didn't help it. The sex scenes, I suppose, bring to us creative uses for gym equipment and how to use berries as an aphrodisiac. I LIKED the movie a little. This doesn't in any way, shape or form measure up to the first. Also, I thought the whole thing with Mejenes being some Spanish diplomat who has fallen from grace rather silly.

**Review based on R-version**