IMDb > Midnight's Child (1992) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Midnight's Child (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Could have been better.

Author: planet groovy from Rock Hill, SC
8 January 2001

This isn't a bad movie when you consider it was made for TV and probably did not have the biggest budget. It keeps you interested until you find out all the secrets, then you are kind of disappointed. Basically the plot is a mix of 'Hand That Rocks the Cradle' and 'Rosemary's Baby' so after a while you can see where things are going. With a better script and actors, this could have been pretty good; instead it is just an average TV movie.

I liked it!

Author: robbytara from Atlanta
15 November 2002

I do not under stand all the bad talk about this movie; I mean come on! this was not intended as a hollywood block buster, it was made for lifetime TV. If you actually watch the movie closely or more than once, you will see that it is really kinda eerie. I watched this movie the very first time it was aired on october 1992 and have watched every rerun on lifetime since. I give it a solid 8 of 10

Quite alright

Author: peter4697 from Sweden
26 November 2008

We sort of know from the start that there's something wrong with the au pair moving into this American family. But the first hour of the film seems normal, like what's happening can be explained naturally. Which makes it even better when the supernatural plot unravels. The wife of the family doesn't like the au pair and at first the wife comes off as overly sensitive but then she's proved right. The sweet au pair has a bond with evil. The characters are well-played which makes the movie smooth. But on a final note, the end of the movie could have used a bit more horror, a bit more ultimatum.

This movie is entertaining and well-scripted. It's far from Psycho (1960) but far from boring. Given that it's a movie made for TV it's quite alright.

A Little Dull

Author: Nicole Robins from United Kingdom
23 August 2006

Parts of it were a little eerie but the action left a lot to be desired, the fight scene at the end and the car crash were a little awful and a bit laughable.

I liked the flashes of the future in black and white though.And the explosion at the start looked pretty good, I think thats why it's disappointing, because the first five minuets were more entertaining than the rest of it put together.

Personally I think my media class could have made something better, but it wasn't terrible, the mothers dislike of the nanny was believable.

Okayish. It might have worked better as a spoof comedy.

Incredible start but afterwards it collapses like ****

Author: -Peter- from Genk, Belgium
27 May 2001

I've seen this film and I must say, the first 7 minutes of the movie are really awesome, and thats all I can say about the film. If the film could hold the atmosphere from the beginning it would have been a GREAT film, but I think the makers ran out of inspiration :)

I rated this film 6

Not even interesting

Author: Anders Åslund (anders.aslund@xpress.se) from Karlstad, Sweden
14 May 2000

Apart from being low-brow from the start, this film is not even merely interesting. It's just a waste of time and money. What bothers me the most is the fact that the makers seem to have picked a the girl's country of origin at random - since they weren't going to check any facts out before shooting.

I'm surprised they even got the car plates right. But it's downhill from there. The Volvo is clearly American, European cars arrange headlights differently. There are no catholic schools for girls in Stockholm, at least not of importance, since catholicism is a less important religion than Islam in Sweden.

The differences between Sweden and the US are not that great. I mean, she messes up the dinner because she can't use the microwave? Give me a break.

This film is not worth the 90-or-so minutes. Just fast forward through it and you'll do fine.