IMDb > Meet the Parents (1992) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Meet the Parents More at IMDbPro »

Have to see this film

Author: smdorgan from Chicago
21 December 2004

With all the current hype over Meet the Fockers, I am compelled to remember how funny the original Meet the Parents was when I was fortunate enough to see it in Chicago in the mid 90's. I have never heard an audience laugh like that in my life! It still remains one of the best comedies I have ever seen. I understand that the filmmakers are not allowed to show the original and it's too bad. This film, although pretty low budget, had a believability and subtleness that the big budget remake didn't have. I hope after Universal pictures makes every last dollar out of the MTP franchise that they will allow this comedy gem to be released.

very positive

Author: anonymous from LOS ANGELES
8 March 1999

MEET THE PARENTS is a clever, dry, and extremely funny film. The lead, Greg Glienna, is an amazingly subtle and truthful comic actor, and with one gag (a very quiet one) he gets as long a laugh as I have ever heard in a movie theater. I've yet to meet anyone who has seen MEET THE PARENTS who has not become a missionary for it.

My viewing

Author: Chris Da Cosse from United States
20 February 2006

This movie is just great. My father was in this movie and I myself have a copy. I personally think this is way better then the new one. The thing I most like is it doesn't have a sappy, everyone got what they wanted ending. In this one Fay dies and everyone feels sad and depressed and then the movie ends. Very funny too. My father was also in a movie around the same time called They Came From Next Door. Its about a family moving into a new house with horrible neighbors that make cheese balls out of toe wax and old cheese and I hear there remaking that too. What Idident like about the new meet the parents was that everything that happened was to huge. Like the whole yard coverd in poo and the setting that thing on fire. In the original it was just enough to breakup a family. But Fay dyeing was unexpected.