IMDb > Keep the Change (1992) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Keep the Change (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Not what I expected

Author: bilborough64 from United States
16 May 2009

I expected this film to be in the vein of "Hard Promises", a romantic comedy. It isn't. It's a sincere story of an artist Joe Starling(William Petersen) who goes home to his family ranch in Montana. Like many young people he had to get out of his small town. He leaves the life he had created in Los Angeles including his girlfriend Astrid (Rachel Ticotin). When he arrives he meets his High School sweet heart Ellen (Lolita Davidoson). Things become complicated when he discovers that Ellen is married to his high school rival, Billy Kelton (Jeff Kober). Kober is a wonderful actor. Petersen is the only actor who out performs him.

There are other wonderful actors in this movie, Jack Palance, former Sen. Fred Thompson(R-TN) and Lois Smith.

There is a wonderful energy each person brought to each character large and small. It was a sincere movie about the troubles Joe went through to "find" himself. There was a definite chemistry between the actors.

Like I said I'm a fan of William Petersen, so I rented it before I bought it. It's a keeper no matter which actor the viewer prefers.

One other thing, although I love CSI, I hope Mr. Petersen moves back into the realm of films. I'd pay for the ticket