IMDb > Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
Page 12 of 19: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

good

Author: kidjay
18 October 2002

not as good as the 1st one but good it takes the kid kevin to the big city which was a good idea a little over done but overall good. i give this movie **** out of *****

Hilarious

Author: CmHowell99 from San Diego, Ca
13 October 2002

I saw this film last night. Anyway Kevin wishes he could go on his own vacation and gets it. He winds up in New York while the rest of the family is in Florida. That makes Kevin's mother worried sick about him. Kevin uses his dad's credit card to get into a hotel. But he's not alone for long Soon 2 villans come along to kidnap him and rob a toy store. Kevin's hotel bill ends up being a total of $967.00

Don't you know a kid always wins against two idiots?

Author: Rainbow2002 from Montgomery, Alabama
25 June 2002

Macualay Culkin is hilarious as Kevin in this slapstick Christmas film. John Heard and Catherine O'Hara pull it off again brilliantly as Kevin's unfairly horrid parents. Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern are ultimately funny as the burglars who try to outsmart youngster Kevin again in New York City. The supporting cast is charming. Home Alone 2: Lost In New York is sure to lure the viewer with such grace and style it only has as a Christmas movie. 9 out of 10.

A Very Funny Sequel!

Author: superboy478 from U.S.A.
31 March 2002

The whole cast is back! Macualy Culkin (Home Alone, Richie Rich), Joe Pesci (Goodfellas, A Bronx Tale), and Daniel Stern (Little Monsters, The Wonder Years).

After another falling out with his parents, Kevin McCalister (Culkin) wants a vacation of his own again. This time, his parents don't leave him behind, they lose him at the airport. When he jumps on the worng plane, he discovers that he is in for a surprise...... he is now in the big apple!!!

Again, he has his fun. He even has his dad's credit card which allows him to check in at the Plaza Hotel.

After a while, he discovers that Marv (Stern), and Harry (Pesci) have broken out of jail and are loose in New York. The track him down thinking they can win... they find out that they are very wrong!

Again I say, the last 20 minutes are the most fun anyone is going to have when they watch this movie.

Produced by John Hughes (Home Alone, Uncle Buck), and directed by Chris Columbus (Harry Potter & the Sorcerers Stone).

Home Alone 2 is just as fun as the original. I very much recommend it to everyone.

Excellent Christmas flick!

Author: Catherine Grace Zeh (FilmGirlGZ@aol.com) from Vienna, Virginia, USA
9 August 2001

HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK, to me, is an excellent Christmas flick. In my opinion, the traps that Kevin (Macaulay Culkin) set for Harry (Joe Pesci) and Marv (Daniel Stern) were even more hilarious than the first. They were also more dangerous, but not that much more dangerous. I mean, Kevin set two of the same traps that he did in the first HOME ALONE. Personally, I thought that the Plaza Hotel was, indeed, luxurious and spacious. When and if I go to New York City, I'm going to stay there -- Even though I know it's expensive. If I were Kevin and two bumbling burglars were after me, I would be REALLY scared. The one thing that REALLY amazed me was that Kevin got around New York City all by himself -- And without getting hurt. In conclusion, I HIGHLY recommend this excellent Christmas flick to all you Macaulay Culkin fans who have not seen it. When you see it, prepare to laugh and enjoy yourselves.

2 Cool!

Author: David, Film Freak from Palmerston North, New Zealand
15 April 2001

Macaulay Culkin returns as Kevin MacAllistar - this time, 2 years older and 2 years wiser. Not left at home this time, though - he boards the wrong plane and ends up in New York City!

So, he checks into a swanky motel armed with his dad's credit cards and spends his dads money at toy stores and on room service until he meets up with the new-and-improved Sticky Bandits again. They follow him to his uncle's empty house... and this time attempts to protect the bad guys from killing him!

Catherine O'Hara and the 15-or-so brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles and cousins reprise their roles (including Macaulay's younger brother Kieran), as do Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern.

Another heart-warming story is told, this time about a lonely pigeon lady, and he is found just in time to unwrap his christmas presents!! A great sequel to a great movie.

As good as the first one - but that's my opinion

Author: cartman_1337 from Norway
18 December 2000

This film is exactly the same as the first one, only with a different setting and different characters. It's a matter of opinion which version of the story you prefer. Personally I prefer this one, with Brenda Fricker doing an excellent performance as the pigeon woman and Tim Curry hilarious as the Hotel Manager. It's more in touch with the Christmas spirit than the first one too.

Forget that the bad guys takes much more beating than anyone would survive, just sit down and enjoy it! Forget everything, and let the movie build up a good Christmas feeling! This movie has much more chance of doing so than the first one! I give it a 7/10!

Good slapstick comedy sequel

Author: Matthew Bain from Edinburgh, Scotland
6 July 2000

OK, so, as with most sequels it wasn't quite as good as the original, but it was just as packed full of the unrealistic cruel, violent slapstick comedy we all enjoy. Macaulay Culkin put on an equally good performance as abandoned kid Kevin, and I enjoyed the twist where he used his dad's credit card to stay in a swanky hotel. And, that classic scene with the inflatable clown that scared off one of the hotel staff.

A wonderful sequel to a wonderful movie.

Author: Jason Harang (harang@cajunnet.com) from United States
24 May 2000

The thing that I liked most about Home Alone 2:Lost in New York was that t had the same characters and actors as the first one. It was the same fun, but in a different place. if you liked the first one, you'll definitely like this one. (After all, it DID start the talkboy) Oh, and one more thing, STAY AWAY FROM PART THREE! DO NOT WATCH HOME ALONE THREE! IT IS HORRIBLE. There, I warned you.

This time, he's in New York

Author: Coolguy-7 from USA
31 March 2000

This is a great sequel to the first "Home Alone" movie. This time we have Kevin being lost in New York after getting on the wrong plane. I remember seeing this movie for the first time at a theater with my family. Many of the characters in here are the same including the two burglars, Marv and Harry. Others such as the poor woman who Kevin makes friends with and the hotel clerk played by Tim Curry(who also plays Rooster in the musical, "Annie") are first introduced in the series. This movie had tons of humor and suspense. One part I liked was where Kevin played a gangster video in his room and some of the staff came over. They were standing out of Kevin's hotel room and thought there really was a man in there. The gangster says "I'll forgive you if you bend down on your knees and say you love me!" The staff bent down and said "I love you!" The gangster in the movie shot at a woman and the staff thought he was really shooting at someone in the hotel room. I haven't forgotten about Marv and Harry. Seeing those two get into all sorts of new (and more violent) booby traps was okay, but it got to be quite painful-looking. For example, when Marv falls through a hole and lands on the hard cement floor, he turns out to just have minor pains. In reality of course, that would've killed him. I think that I like this film better than the first one even though it's a bit more violent, but who cares about the violence. It's only a movie!