Hong Kong 97 takes place, appropriately enough, in Hong Kong right before the transfer of power from Britain to China. Reginald Cameron, an assassin affiliated with a large corporation with... See full summary »
Charlie Baxter, a struggling screenwriter, is searching for accommodation in a rundown mansion somewhere in the isolated mountains above Malibu. An expressionless and creatively bankrupt ... See full summary »
Crystal Laws Green,
Jenny Dare Paulin
Brick Bardo is on a mission to find out which one of the world's greatest kickboxers killed his brother. Five years ago, one of the four champs was fixing fights and set up his brother in ... See full summary »
Hope Marie Carlton,
When a levelheaded waitress decides to help her shady friend against her better judgment, she becomes a target of a deadly international gang of thieves who are after a priceless San Lucas' relic. A bumbling stranger helps her.
During World War II, a brave, patriotic American Soldier undergoes experiments to become a new supersoldier, "Captain America." Racing to Germany to sabotage the rockets of Nazi baddie "Red Skull", Captain America winds up frozen until the 1990s. He reawakens to find that the Red Skull has changed identities and is now planning to kidnap the President of the United States. Written by
>Michael "Rabbit" Hutchison <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Melinda Dillon who plays Mrs. Rogers, and Darren McGavin who plays General Fleming were also in the movie 'A Christmas Story' together in 1983, playing Mother Parker and The Old Man Parker respectively. See more »
When the President hits the Red Skull's flunky on the head with Captain America's indestructible shield, the shield dents. See more »
How stupid do you think we are? My people will find this place in a lot less than 24 hours.
The Red Skull:
[takes a deep breath in mock surprise]
Oh no... a hidden transmitter.
[rummages for something in his pocket]
The Red Skull:
Does it look something like eh, this?
[holds it up as the President touches his cheek]
The Red Skull:
Hm. Painlessly removed from a lower right molar. This one. While you were unconscious.
[Kimball stirs in his chair]
The Red Skull:
And so easily deactivated. But don't worry, next time we'll have it made in Japan.
See more »
Please support the environmental protection act of 1990 See more »
I'm just glad he wasn't a surfer dude or a crusading D.A.
Like many Cap fans, I eagerly waited for the Captain America film and was disappointed when it went direct-to-video. When I finally saw the video, I was disappointed with the story. I did like the physical acting with Cap in costume, and I think that was the one true thing about Captain America. Rather than rant on about what was wrong, let me tell you Hollywood scripters how to do it right;
1. The first movie must spend a great deal (if not the whole movie) in WWII, where his legend will start. No urban legend in the 21st Century.
2. Steve Rogers is a NEW YORKER! He kept his optimism despite losing both parents to disease (alcoholism, pneumonia) during the Great Depression. Even in the new millennium, he loves listening to big band and 40s music and anything that sparks such nostalgia. He's still a BROOKLYN Dodgers fan.
3. What the hell was that with the plastic ears?! (Sorry, had to get that one out.)
4. Get that shield back...it was way better than not having one in the serial (a gun?) or a clear one in the TV movie.
5. Don't forget that the costume has a star on the front *and* back.
6. If you make the Red Skull (most likely villain) Italian again, so help me...
7. I wouldn't mind seeing Bucky, but you can do like the Ultimates storyline and have him non-costumed in the war if it'll help. But please don't make Cap's costume like the one in the Ultimates (either version).
8. Don't try to combine love interests (Bernie was the girlfriend during the 1980s, Sharon was the girl in the 60s and 70s, but it was wrong to make them mother and daughter.).
9. I gotta say it again...don't make him an urban legend like Batman! Captain America was created to be a symbol and INSPIRE American public and forces as a response against the Red Skull. He can't do that if he's skulking the shadows.
Thanks and good luck.
6 of 9 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?