IMDb > Adventures in Dinosaur City (1991) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

You're pulling' my tale!

Author: otisknuckleberry from United States
3 August 2006

Hands down, the greatest movie to come out of the 1990s. From the special effects and puppetry to the acting and plot, Adventures in Dinosaur City has something for everybody. Even the soundtrack is amazing and really sets the mood. As soon as you see the awesome intro, you will be HOOKED. I guess one could say its like the Shawshank Redemption, but with dinosaurs instead of a prison.

Oh wait, who am I kidding? This movie is terrible! - But Still! If you have the chance to watch it, do not pass it up! It will have you on the ground laughing (whether it be with the movie or at the movie). There are so many little errors you pick up on every time you watch it. I've seen it about 7 times (trust me, thats A LOT for this movie) and I am still seeing new things!

the movie was awesome

Author: whs2
9 December 2001

This is definitely a cult classic, a must see for people of all ages. The adventures of the two kids shows them that television shows are not real and that violence does hurt, not just yourself but those you care about. A funny story with deep characters and a plot that reveals the characters' deep and complex psyches. A family movie that all should watch and enjoy

Adventures in Dinosaur City (1992)

Author: SnakesOnAnAfricanPlain from United Kingdom
27 December 2011

A trio of bizarrely animated obsessed young folk are zapped into their favorite cartoon. Now the cartoon's real and full of terrible costumes. The vocal cast apply as many cartoon sounding voices as possible, making this an irritating film to concentrate on. It's also full of strange editing and weird moments for narrative twists. The main villain reveals his true identity in a quick cutaway from the protagonists journey. After being hooded for the whole film, we cut to him sitting at a desk with no hood. There isn't much of a city to speak of, and when you see the obviously rubber triceratops doing some martial arts, you start to wonder what the hell is going on. Nowhere near as cool as dinosaur films should be.

So Bad..Its Hilarious.

Author: mrkbrq2 from Las Vegas, NV - USA
19 October 2006

If you and your friends find as much humor and enjoyment from horrible acting, jokes, props, and overall film making as me and my friends, you need to rent this.

From simply reading the tag line and seeing how not funny it is, you should assume more not funny, poor quality, great, hilarious content through out. Its a tale of some of kids who defy every law of physics and reality and fly back in time through a modern day big screen TV to a world of dinosaurs who eventually become their friends. Not to mention a hilariously serious scene where T-Rex becomes a father figure for one of the kids. Yeah...

It should be in the comedy section but you'll find it with kid movies if you find it at all. So call your friends over, sit back, relax, get ready to laugh, and enjoy. You will be quoting the laughably horrific one liners in this movie for weeks. "Whats with all the ruckus?!"

Please tell me this was a really weird dream...

Author: La Gremlin from Boston, MA
29 November 2001

I have a ton of movies to review today so I have to keep this brief.

I've avoided this movie for years; if you haven't noticed, the character on the cover of the video look a great deal like the ones from "Theodore Rex" aka, the Beast. But the Disney Channel was showing it late one night and I got to see it for free. Call it morbid fascination.

"Dinosaur City" isn't as bad as "Rex", with a rating of three as opposed to one. I suppose I was more lenient towards this mess as I was half-asleep during most of it. You can get the exact same effect this movie gave me by dropping acid and watching a few episodes of "Land of the Lost".

Fun to be bad!

Author: KWiNK from NRW, Germany
20 September 2003

This may be all you need to know in order to decide whether you want to see this.

The movie is bad. Really, really bad. And sometimes it seems to be aware of that and make fun of how bad it is. It aligns cliche after cliche and even manages to grow worse as it goes along with some moments that are bad enough to be hilariously funny.

If you can laugh about really poor quality in script writing and production values, you might enjoy it. Otherwise prepare for some serious brain damage.

Nauseatingly atrocious

Author: jenner from Las Vegas
8 November 1998

Adventures in Dinosaur City, though a creative idea, was a nauseatingly atrocious attempt at filmmaking. Being sucked into a TV and into a new world is interesting. Three teens obsessively enthralled with half-animated dinosaurs is not. Don't waste the time or the brain power to see this sure loser. I wouldn't even let my kids watch it.

Silly, juvenile-focused movie...

Author: dwpollar from Evansville, Indiana USA
8 August 2004

1st watched 8/7/2004 - 3 out of 10(Dir-Brett Thompson): Silly, juvenile-focused movie about three kids being zapped into their favorite cartoon with their parents experiment. The script left much to be desired in this Hanna-Barbara like rip-off of some Saturday morning 'live-action with people in dinosaur costumes kids show' with some goofy cavemen hanging around. Nothing really to admire about this and nothing much to be said either. I'm just amazed I found this at a Blockbuster video store as bad as it was and the way the stores are ridding themselves of old VHS movies. I guess they couldn't even sell it, so back on the rental rack it went.

Sickingly Stupid

Author: andykleinendorst
28 November 2001

This movie was in one word. Terrible. First of all the people who invented that thingie that puts you in the TV, are slightly insane! Secondly, the three teens are so obsessed with the show, it's scary! The movie was stupid, and no effort or thought was put into it!

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]