IMDb > "Melrose Place" (1992) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Melrose Place"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Melrose Place" More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

this list does not even include half the main characters like

Author: jennifermosley-2 from United States
20 August 2005

Ryan McBride, Eve, Sandy, and Rhonda, and more. Anyone know the full cast? I would like to know. Also does anyone know if the there are any DVD's left and where I can get them. I tried ebay but they sell mostly copies. Does anyone have or know where I can get the originals Who is everyone' favorite character in Melrose Place Thank you for anyone's help. Melrose place was a great show I loved the ending and how it was carefully planned/ I just got my husband addicted to soap net. so how is everyone today Sorry I am just rambling because I do not have a enough lines to submit this. Well thanks for your help again if you can help me.

OMG!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!

Author: tlaobnh from California, USA
21 August 2003

Ok, it may sound a little obsessive and weird but I LOVE Melrose Place!!!!!!!!!!!! I watch it ever day as my routine and I get so mad if I miss just one episode. This show is so provocative and addicting and it is so entertaining, yet trashy, but hey! that makes it good. All of you watch the Style channel at 3 and see the episodes and I am sure all of you will be impressed and know what I mean when I say I love Melrose Place!

I also LOVE Thomas Calabro (Micheal Mancini) He is damn fine!!!!

Another Brilliant Aaron Spelling Show.

Author: famousgir1 from London, England
27 October 2001

Melrose Place is yet another brilliant Aaron Spelling show. I've always loved this show, as it's just simply really great. Over the years we've seen the great, different, young cast (One of my favourites being the brilliant Rena Sofer who played Eve Cleary Burns.) come and go as we follow there lives in Melrose Place in California. We see there hopes, dreams, relationships, etc, and of course it's all very exciting. Melrose Place is a classic show and I of course give it a well deserving 10/10.

Simply the best thing that happened on TV in the 90's!!!

Author: Dimitris Milioglou (dimitris_milioglou@hotmail.com) from greece
19 September 2001

I can't think of a most intence clifhanger episode, than the ending of Melrose's 3rd season! I used to watch MP from 1993 to 1998 when it first aired in Greece, I am watching again the re-runs now and I CAN'T wait for the series last season this fall!!! I just L O V E it. The cast is the best, the storylines are amazing and i do believe that MP has set new standards for prime time soaps. Soon to be an "all time classic" Melrose is propably the best production of "uncle Aaron" ever.

so bad it was good.

Author: (mjc_227@yahoo.com) from united states
22 April 2000

MELROSE PLACE was one of those shows that was so bad that it was good.. in the grand tradition of DYNASTY, MELROSE PLACE took over the top characters and put them in unbeliveable situations. At times the acting and writing was pretty bad.. but so bad that the show was good.. and very addictive.

Guilty pleasure

Author: hillary1 from South Portland, ME
19 April 2004

I hate reality TV. I never watched "Dallas" or "Dynasty" even in their heyday. But for several years, I was a slave to this show. Don't tell me how stupid and contrived it all was; I have a list of all the unbelievable and ridiculous things that happened, like Amanda and the doctor conveniently forgetting that the season before he tried to kill her in the OR, or Sydney actually going to Kimberly for psychotherapy, or a court ordering Jo to give her baby to the parents of the dead father. Didn't matter. I loved it. I did lose interest as interesting people began dying at a frantic pace in the last couple of seasons-this show lost more 20 year olds to tragic accidents than France did in WWI-and thought a lot more could have been done w/Amanda's bout w/cancer and true love for a mob guy's brother, but I miss it and still have the theme show play through my head from time to time. It was were 20 something and single again, 4616 Melrose Place would definitely be my address!

Some gorgeous people who make you love your own life! :)

Author: Margaux1 from Michigan, USA
1 August 2003

With 4 episodes of Melrose Place being aired on syndication lately, I have become hooked. I watched Melrose Place in my apartment in 1997 and it drew me in then. Now, with a family, I still find that being true, even though I've NEVER been into soap operas. I started watching one episode, and that was the end of it for me.

One of the things I enjoy about this show is that I love yuppies. Having been one in the past myself (then kids came into the picture) I love people on the fast track. The other thing is that the show actually shows the characters spending a significant time at WORK - imagine that. That's hard to find in a show...much less a soap.

As far as the characters go...I LOVE Josie Bissetts wardrobe - what a beauty! If only I had the courage to hack off my long, dark tresses for that neat, tailored look. However, Jane is a little unforgiving and does have a mean streak in her own way, in spite of that perfectly applied makeup. At least we know that knockouts also can be cheated on! I was shocked to see that she was cheated on by Kimberly...very pretty but hardly a comparison. I loved Kimberly's confident straightforwardness.

Laura Leighton is gorgeous. I was never into redheads but she takes the cake. What a doll - transparent innocence and sex appeal in one - a hard combination to beat. She easily became my favorite on the show and I looked forward to her scenes.

Michael Mancini keeps my attention...what a hottie!! That sniveling jerk is so gorgeous, no wonder woman fall at his feet in spite of the creep that he's proven himself to be! An actually GOOD doctor, we see him at work in spite of his many 'troubles'. I'll never forget the episode where he blackmailed Amanda into getting his job back by tape recording their conversation, threatening to play it to Dr. Burns (Jack Wagner). That was very intelligent...and too sneaky. The man has no morals.

Heather Locklear is a woman who has ALWAYS fascinated me. Such strength,, beauty and poise...in ANY role she has played. I love how she stays so composed no matter what's happening. No screaming, yelling, just a confidence that she can handle it. I'd be honored to look like her at that age.

The other character who stood out, who I started out liking but ended up not loving too much, is Allison. I love Courtney-Thorne Smith due to her PETA involvement, but her character became whiny and not so nice. She cheats on Billy and leaves him at the altar, then has the nerve to get upset when he pursues a new love interest? I didn't like that at all and her alcohol addiction didn't do much to help only b/c she became so MEAN!!

Who else? Jack Wagner was very mature and sexy, and I loved his character too. He was perfect for Amanda and I know he had genuine feelings for her. What a confident doctor deserving of his 'position' on the show!

So, watch this...in spite of it's cheap thrills. It isn't the deepest material, but what soap is? Also, reality is stranger than fiction and there's a good possibity that scenes just like in Melrose Place occur all over the world. In any event, you'll find yourself being drawn in once you understand who's who on the show (believe me it does NOT take long) and you'll look at your own life and absolutely LOVE it! :)

Trashy, but watchable at times.

Author: mack3175 from Metairie.Louisiana
22 September 2002

I don't think this could have lasted any longer then it did, in the seventh season this show just ran out of gas. I stopped watching when most of the characters went through a sudden personalty change. Billy Campbell(Andrew Shue) and Michael Mancini(Thomas Calebro) started out has nice guys, began to turn into guys we love to hate. And Jack Wagner as Peter Burns was the worst of the bunch, I really started not liking his character, and I was hoping for something bad to happen to his character.But it was Grant Show as the good guy rebel Jake Hanson, Heather Locklear as the nice but sometimes mean Amanda Woodward, Courtney Thorne Smith has the sweet but strugling Alison, and Marcia Cross has the sweet but sometimes insane Kimberly Shaw, made the show for me somewhat watchable. But after Grant Show, Courtney Thorne Smith, Marcia Cross left the show. The show became less watchable, I think the show began to lose it's edge. Maybe it was a good they did leave the show. There characters stories ran out of gas. This was an okay series, but not a classic.

Author: MovieAddict2016 from UK
23 January 2006

"Melrose Place" was sentimentally-driven soap-opera-style crap in the same vein of recent television shows such as "The O.C." - spoiled rich brats in California who party all day and night have a hard time finding love.

We're supposed to feel sorry for them as their spouses and boyfriends and girlfriends cheat on each other, and each episode would end with a new "shocking" revelation being made, so that viewers become addicted and have to watch every episode. Gasp! Is she messing around with him behind her back and is he flirting with that girl at the party who is going out with the other guy? Oh no! Boo hoo hoo. You may enjoy watching this if you also find Paris Hilton's exploits particularly engaging.

Bluck!

Author: wnterstar from United States
15 April 2006

I will admit that I've only watched Melrose place a half a dozen times during the entire time it was on, but that was six times too many.

How do I describe Melrose Place? Let's start by taking a decent TV show about teens in Beverley Hills (90210) and slowly take it from a family drama and make it into a night time soap. Then take some of the characters from that show and give them there own show.

Keep in mind, all the characters are supposed to be starting out on their own, and yet manage to find these GREAT apartments that no one just out of college can afford.

Now add in some unbelievable, yet totally predictable plot lines, some bad acting. And there you have Melrose place. In order to figure out what any character would do on the show, just think of the dumbest thing someone could do in that given situation and that's what's going to happen! I can think of much better ways to spend my time, thank you!

Page 4 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]