IMDb > "Marienhof" (1992) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Marienhof" More at IMDbPro »

A Guilty Pleasure

Author: towohlfahrt from United States
21 March 2005

First let me start of by saying that I love this program. I have been watching it ever since I got German TV in the States. So about 2 years now.

Marianhof is a Daily German Soap opera, set in Colene. Although I love this show, I do have to admit that the producers have been pretty sloppy with it at times. It has is cheesy moments, and last year when one of the actors left the show, the producers thought it would be a good idea to continue the character with a different actor. But the Producers quickly realized that the new Dino was not accepted by its fans, and the producers had Dino move out of the country.

All and all I love this program. What I like most about it is that all the characters seam more realistic that traditional soap characters. Everyone is from the working class; you don't have the super rich oil tycoons, like you have in American soaps.