IMDb > "Forever Knight" (1992) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Forever Knight"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Forever Knight" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

An interesting and intelligent twist on the vampire myth

Author: A-Ron-2 from Storrs, CT
19 July 2000

I really like this show. I started watching it on late night TV back when it was originally on (we picked up locally after Letterman) and found myself hooked. Me and my old man would sit up and enjoy this rich and involving tale of one 'man's' search for redemption. There were very few uninteresting episodes (most were in the first season) and the acting and scripts done so seriously and so intelligently that one really could not help but respect the work that went into them.

The show ended on the perfect note and the last season built steadily to that point. There was never a loose thread, never a mis-step, just one enjoyable episode after another that added up to a fantastic viewing experience. If more TV could be this good, I would probably still watch it.

All around well done

Author: Aadrian from Philadelphia, PA
30 July 1999

Some channel surfers may have viewed Forever Knight merely as a "Vampire Cop" show. Much more was there. For one, you had great social and ethical questions brought to discussion from each and every week's show. Then there was outstanding character development. Cinematography was no less than award winning, the flash back sequences were beautifully executed. There was a spot that was truly unique. The flash backs helped people see that moral dilemmas are not something new to our time but have been there for all time. Truly a unique part to this series. Next we have beautifully scored music, followed by talented actors and actresses, and well written scripts. I think what attracted me the most to the show, as I believe many others would agree with, was the character development. You began to feel as the show progressed how well all the characters connected. There seemed to be some sort of on-screen bond that you felt they could even share off-screen, thus tying you into the characters as well. If you have never seen this series, take the time to watch a few consecutive episodes always airing on the Sci-Fi channel, you won't be disappointed!

I liked it.

Author: lje32677 from El Cajon, California
29 May 2002

On today's TV screen the viewer can see anything from murdering rapists to idiots who stay on an island until they are booted off. Forever Knight was and is a breath of fresh air. It had a person(vampire) who was trying to use his talents to help the world. He was trying to be more than his fellow vampires wanted to allow him to be. It was and is a positive show with flawed characters. It is now on reruns on the Scifi Channel and I can tell you, I'll take this old and possibly campy show over talk shows, soap operas and so called reality shows any day of the week.

An examination of what is means to be "human."

Author: StormBrn from US
15 May 1999

Though Forever Knight could be summed up in two words--vampire cop--the series itself examined the aspects of humanity, and what it means to be human, through the eyes of a repentant vampire seeking to become mortal again. Geraint Wyn Davies portrays Nick Knight with the perfect balance of menace and innocence, humor and heartache. The supporting characters are well-rounded and adeptly played, particularly Nigel Bennett in the role of Lucien LaCroix, Nick's vampire master, who loves what he is. Father, brother, devil's advocate to Nick's tormented vampire, he exhibits a feline grace and unflappable poise reminiscent of the late Yul Brynner.

Another quality show that bit the dust

Author: Sue Schipman from Montana
5 July 1999

Greetings from another fan. I stumbled across this great show at the beginning of the 3rd season - when Schanke got killed in the plane crash and when Tracy and Vachon appeared. I was immediately "forever hooked." I was able to catch the re-runs which enabled me to put all the pieces of the puzzle together. For me the show had everything: drama, humor, and a strong moral message which, as we know, is sorely lacking in this medium. Many of the story lines dealt with "human" issues such as the physically challenged and Aids. It came as no surprise to me when the show was canceled. Too much quality, I guess, for today's audience. Who knows? Perhaps some time in the future some TV exec will get smart and "Forever Knight" will have another life. Look at "Star Trek."

One final comment. On a trip to Toronto last Sept., I got to see the building that was used for the outside shot of the police station. I was thrilled!

One of a kind show

Author: Tabitha Lenox from United States
7 November 2001

Perhaps one of the two best tv vampire shows to ever air(dark shadows 1966 being the other)

It was very disappointing that Sony Tristar demanded the show be cancelled during the middle of 3rd season. After the backlash from angry fans, the show did make it thru five more shows including a series finale.(A finale most did not expect would happen in the way it did)

There were 70 episodes all together. Perhaps if Sony had listened to reason, it would have made a 4th season totaling 100 episodes. Die hard fans are trying to get together a FK movie of the week. I wish them the best of luck in the attempt.

Snazziness cubed.

Author: Lyzkat
24 May 1999

I accidentally caught Forever Knight one morning on the Sci-Fi channel and instantly fell in love. The mixture of drama, action, romance, and tongue-in-cheek humor makes it one of my favorite shows of all time. The main character, Nicholas Knight, weaves an intricate web of love, loss, and pain while still holding the viewer captive in his spell. Spectacular!

This was a great show

Author: (jaram) from America
29 April 2000

I watched Forever Knight when I was younger, and I always liked it. Little kids are fascinated by a lot of things, but this show genuinely held my interest. If you can see reruns of it or find tapes somewhere, then I definatly recommend it. It features great actors and the storyline is unique and interesting. I definatly give it two thumbs up!

A fantastic show!

Author: Phylis Sullivan (knightfilli) from Grand Island, Ne
14 November 2000

Forever Knight is a show about a vampire cop. But don't stop there. If you do, you will miss the great writing and acting that made it so much more. The depth of the characters and the stories is tremendous. It is a great show for those who are into vampires and even for those who are not. Sadly at this time it is not on in reruns but there is hope. If you get a chance to watch this show, do so, you will not be disappointed.

An Absolutly, unigue and wonderfull series

Author: EspritSanglant from London
22 July 2002

I love this show, it is such a new and unique idea. And, when you think of the vampire setting, its not like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" where the vampires are pure evil and work for the devil.... ahhh... *sort of thing*. The story of Forever Knight is a vampire named Nicholas Knight, who was brought across about 800 years ago. And he wants to become mortal again, he does not want to be a murderer and kill people for their blood. I GREAT TELEVISION SHOW!! *you will get hooked!* And in every show there is a lesson, each show keeps you watching and hoping for more!!! MY favorite Character is Lucien LaCroix played by Nigel Bennett.. anyways, It is a wonderfull show!

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]