IMDb > "Camp Wilder" (1992) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Camp Wilder" More at IMDbPro »

Great comedy.

Author: Stephen J Cox (uksludge) from England
1 September 1999

This was shown on BBC2 a few years ago (1994?) and was a must see show. Jay Mohr as Dorfman was hilarious and Jerry O'Connell showed just how good he can be when events around him just don't work out. All in all one of the funnier sitcoms and it's just a shame they made so few episodes - but look what has become of its two main stars.

An absolute ABC classic!

Author: Grace Zeh (filmgirlgz@gmail.com) from Chantilly, Virginia, USA
22 January 2006

"CAMP WILDER," is my opinion, is an absolute ABC classic! I don't think I've seen every episode, but I still enjoyed it. It's hard to say which episode was my favorite. However, I think it was always funny when a mishap occurred. I always laughed at that. Despite the fact that it was a short-lived series, it was nice that all the main characters stayed with the show throughout its entire run. It seems that no one stays with a show throughout its entire run. Everyone always gave a good performance, the production design was spectacular, the costumes were well-designed, and the writing was always very strong. In conclusion, I hope they bring it back on the air for fans of the show to see.

Terrible show.

Author: Bucky-2 from Bakersfield, CA
31 March 2000

When you have a character named "Dorfman," you can tell you have a series that won't be winning any Emmys any time soon. This sitcom was impossible to distinguish from any of the hundreds of other cookie cutter "madhouse" comedies. Every character on this show was a time-worn, hackneyed mindless television stereotype, the worst among them, Jay Mohr's character Dorfman. Dorfman was the ultra-common kooky, wacky neighbor that the success of Steve Urkel spawned throughout television in the early nineties. Watching this drivel was one of the biggest wastes of time I've ever experienced.