IMDb > "The Big Breakfast" (1992) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Big Breakfast" More at IMDbPro »

Brilliant, and sadly missed

Author: Tom Parker (holteupper5_70@hotmail.com) from West Midlands, England
8 January 2003

The axing of The Big Breakfast was a tragedy for British television. To lose a show that revolutionised TV viewing showed great folly on Channel 4's behalf. I was lucky enough to appear on the last edition of the BB, and the amount of work involved in bringing the show to air was immense. There is nothing like it on TV anymore.

Best Breakfast Show

Author: anonymous from Norwich, England
3 February 1999

This is the best show on breakfast telly. All this is down to the presenter, Johnny Vaughan, who is in my opinion the wittiest, most intelligent and best dressed man on British television. I've heard rumours that he is leaving the UK to go and present shows in the USA. I hope it isn't true - it would be our loss and their gain.

Good riddance!

Author: pop-16 from UK
31 March 2002

The axing of the Big Breakfast was on the cards for sometime. It was destined to face the chop since they had wicked presenters like Paul Tonkinson, whose jokes were awful and lame, Richard Bacon, who can't even act properly. Amanda Byram looked awful as a presenter. The problem was that they couldn't bring experienced presenters. Johnny Vaughan and Denise van Outen were the best presenters of this programme - better than Chris Evans and Gaby Roslin. Paul Tonkinson - who the hell is he? Amanda Byram - what?! Well I believe Kelly Brook's curse struck the programme after her "shocking" sack, just six months in there. I believe it was the right thing that happened to the Big Breakfast. Big Breakfast 1992-2002

1992-2002

Author: ross robinson from england
19 September 2003

The Big Breakfast: first began in 1992 and then finished in 2002, the big breakfast was on for 10 years, that makes it a decade. I remember when it started way back in 1992 and after 10 years i've been looking back the decade of the big breakfast.