A tough female district attorney is investigating a man who picks out women from public places by posing as a famous photographer, then takes pictures of them, then pushes on their ...
See full summary »
Eli is a burglar who is caught in the act by Twinkle, a crazy heiress who coerces him into a sexual relationship. Their violent break-up at the altar makes him a fugitive in search of a new... See full summary »
Realising his secret girlfriend Dorothy's pregnancy will sour her relations with her ultra-rich father, career-minded Philadelphia student Jonathan Corliss coolly murders her, making it ... See full summary »
A director of rock videos moves into the house where William Desmond Taylor, a famous director during the silent era, was murdered. He finds some old reels of film, and as he plays the film... See full summary »
A day in the life of several prostitutes in an upscale Manhattan whore house. The film is a stark portrayal of the women prostitutes, the male customers and the motivations of both. Watch ... See full summary »
Stella James lives rather empty life with alcoholic friend Teo. One day Teo gives her plane ticket to Los Angeles to live without him. There she gets work in a restaurant (she is a chef) ... See full summary »
Lenny Brown moves to California to find his fortune in tax shelter investments. When the federal government changes the tax laws, poor Lenny finds himself $700,000 in hock with nowhere to ... See full summary »
A spoof of the late 80s and early 90s suspense thrillers and murder mysteries, including Basic Instinct, Sleeping With The Enemy, Cape Fear and others. A cop/attorney (yes he's both) is ... See full summary »
Four women filmmakers examine sexuality in this anthology. Segment 1 is entitled "Let's Talk About Sex" and is the story of an aspiring actress whose day job is as a phone-sex operator. ... See full summary »
A tough female district attorney is investigating a man who picks out women from public places by posing as a famous photographer, then takes pictures of them, then pushes on their submissive tendencies and takes advantage of them physically and financially. The trouble is that none of these women want to press charges, because they feel fulfilled in some way by their encounter. The DA arranges to meet him and finds herself in a similar situation as the other victims, and has to come to grips with her own submissive desires. Written by
Ed Sutton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This film is listed among The 100 Most Amusingly Bad Movies Ever Made in Golden Raspberry Award founder John Wilson's book THE OFFICIAL RAZZIE® MOVIE GUIDE. See more »
In the shots before and during Dana's attack on David with the knife, the fish blood on her face disappears and reappears. See more »
You know, there are fish in the North Atlantic, a species of ray, that have genitals just like that of a woman's. It's a well known fact that sailors and fisherman often have sex with them. What do you think of that?
See more »
The concept of the legal gray area in Love Crimes contributes to about 10% of the movie's appeal; the other 90% can be attributed to it's flagrant bad-ness. To say that Sean Young's performance as a so-called district attorney is wooden is a gross understatement. With her bland suits and superfluous hair gel, Young does a decent job at convincing the audience of her devout hatred for men. Why else would she ask her only friend to pose as a prostitute just so she can arrest cops who try to pick up on them? This hatred is also the only reason why she relentlessly pursues a perverted photographer who gives women a consensual thrill and the driving force behind this crappy movie. Watching Young go from frigid to full-frontal nudity does little to raise interest, but the temper tantrum she throws standing next to a fire by a lake does. Watching her rant and rave about her self-loathing and sexual frustration makes Love Crimes worth the rental fee, but it's all downhill to and from there. Despite her urge to bring Patrick Bergin's character to justice, her policing skills completely escape her in the throes of her own tired lust and passion. Patrick Bergin does a decent enough job as a slimy sociopath; if it worked in Sleeping With the Enemy it sure as hell can work in this. But I can't help but wonder if the noticeable lack of energy Young brings to the film conflicts with his sliminess. I'm guessing it does and the result is a "thriller" with thrills that are thoroughly bad and yet comedic.
6 of 9 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?