IMDb > Julia Has Two Lovers (1990) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Julia Has Two Lovers More at IMDbPro »

Unique Duchovny - good film for fans

Author: lillyy5139 from San Francisco
24 October 2003

This is a great film for Duchovny fans, to see David in his pre X-files, Red Shoe diary films as a female predator. It's an interesting concept - an all dialog film between 3 characters taking place within 3 days. It's subtly humorous. A unique view of David not seen in other films.

Ack.

Author: anonymous
15 March 1999

Bad, bad, bad. Watched it because of David Duchovny. Heard a dirty rumor that he was completely naked in the film. NOT TRUE. Instead, I sat through 87 minutes of pain and bad movie. DON'T watch it. Not even to see David Duchovny. I love him more than anyone else, don't get me wrong, but I would rather have poked my finger into my eye for 87 minutes.

OMG, it was soooo bad!!!

Author: Dominica-3 from Los Angeles
19 September 1999

I was floored by how bad this film was. The writers made an attempt to be witty and intelligent; they failed miserably. The telephone conversation was boring and dull; not sexy and exciting as described on the video box cover. David Duchovny is the *BEST* and the *ONLY* good thing about this film. Even if you love him, I wouldn't recommend watching this. He's in the film a considerable amount of time, but it's not worth the cash. If you can see it for free, I suggest you tape it so that you can fast forward to his scenes and end the torture as soon as possible.

Not so entertaining, but pretty good for a low budget film.

Author: Shawn Snipes (ssnipes@yahoo.com) from New York, New York
21 September 1998

JHTL was a movie that I initially saw on cable because nothing else was on and David Duchovny was a virtual unknown actor to me.

I found that the script was very clever and that the relationship that Julia develops with her fiancee and her gentleman caller somewhat interesting. The conversation starts out quite sophmoric, like conversations that you had on the phone in high school, but as the film drags on the dialogue gets a little better.