IMDb > Hell Hath No Fury (1991) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Hell Hath No Fury (TV) More at IMDbPro »

as bad as it sounds

Author: thomandybish from Weaverville, NC
23 July 2001

To be fair, most TV movies are tawdry, disposable propositions, but this one has to win some sort of award for going above and beyond even the genre's low standards. Essentially a small-screen variation on FATAL ATTRACTION, we have Loretta Swit as a cast-off mistress who takes revenge on her married lover by taking his teen daughter hostage, then must face the wrath of Barbara Eden, her lover's jilted wife and the girl's mother. One wonders why two likeable actresses like Swit and Eden would take parts in such a clunker--had the risiduals from MASH and I DREAM OF JEANNIE run out? As far as I can tell, this mess was only broadcast once. Any flick that can't get airplay on LIFETIME(where TV movies go to die)has to be something truly atrocious.

What a great way to spend a lazy afternoon.....

Author: skottyrock from www.appallingtrash.com headquarters, Tokyo
8 January 2002

I remember seeing this movie on TV in the afternoon. Always one for trashy, poorly-constructed TV movies, I dived right in, so to speak. And I WASN'T disappointed.

Loretta Swit is a scream as the crazy lass out to ruin as many lives as is possible in the space of a 2-hour TV movie. Barbara Eden is equally amusing....obviously filmed during her 'I'm a serious actress' period.

Another plus....watch this and wonder with relish how both Swit and Eden still manage to look the same....20 years on or so! Some plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills has made a packet out of these two! I really do think most of the nominal budget was spent on padding, bedding and cushioning lest their faces were scratched, bumped, or, God forbid, touched!

You SHOULD watch this film....A definite 5-star film masterpiece. (NB: 100 stars is the highest possible score) HAH!