IMDb > An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (1991) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Page 4 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

beautiful music

Author: Tiffani Warren ( from Cumming, GA, USA
1 April 2001

I can't believe no one has commented on the song "Dreams to Dream" yet. When I heard that song, I instantly fell in love! It's amazing- James Horner rocks! I sing this song to my friend when we're spending the night, and she goes to sleep instantly! If you don't see this movie for any other reason, go for the music! "Dreams to Dream" occurs when Tonya is washing the windows, right after Fievel wanders into the bar and right before Tanya performs, when she sings another great song. Also the animation is GREAT, and the plotline, though somewhat bland, is still interesting. I recommend it to children, women, and sensitive men.

A good sequel

Author: (GoodWillHunting) from Colorado
6 July 2000

I absolutely loved the original film, and I was glad when this movie came out. It's got a lot of heart like the original does, yet it's a slight step below it. One of the problems with this film is Fievel's voice. His voice in the original was like a cute innocent little kid. In this one, it's dramatically different. And that sorta ruined it. Despite that flaw, this film is fun. Though it isn't nearly as kind and good hearted as the original, it's still got heart. And some nice humor by Dom Deluise as well. All in all, a great sequel that's worth watching again and again like the original

Author: todd hamilton
1 February 2000

What an awesome movie. I loved the first movie, but this one is better. I was in first grade when this movie was out. I remember how much I liked it, (and I still do). It had a lot of cool songs. This is a movie I would like to watch again and again.

One of the best Animated Children films of the 90`s

Author: Nic673 from Seattle, Washington
11 September 1999

An American Tail: Fievel Goes West is probably one of the best Animated Children films of the 90`s. Unlike most Disney films of the 90`s, This film seemed much better made and developed. Music scores were okay or above average. This film at times seems better than the first one, but can lonely at times. All in all, its still a great film to watch on a boring weekend afternoon

The Lion King is one of the highest grossing movies of all time, but it`s not as good as any of the American Tail movies except for the direct to video sequel.

This is awesome!

Author: Fieveljr from USA
18 October 1998

This movie is truly a work of art, it is the best animated film ever released although the first one was virtually perfect, this one's even better. Next to this movie perfection is worthless!

The Further Adventures of The Mousekewitz Family

Author: bkoganbing from Buffalo, New York
30 October 2007

The resourceful and irrepressible Fievel Mouse, voice by Phillip Glasser, not finding the big city life in America all it was cracked up to be decides to leave the family in the Bronx and head west. His head is filled with dime novel adventures as were many human kids in the 19th century of many western characters. In this case it's that famous legendary lawman, Wylie Burp given voice by another legend, James Stewart.

As in the first An American Tail, Fievel Goes West is an utterly charming animated film that will appeal to both children and those reliving their childhoods. The west is just as wild as those novels make it out to be and young Fievel finds that his cat friend Tiger who sounds a lot like Dom DeLuise has gone west also.

But not all cats are good, especially to the mouse community. Evil cat, John Cleese is planning a huge mouse massacre and a feast of mouse burgers for his feline cohorts.

Will the evil Cleese succeed in his plan. Kids of all age, rent this film and find out.

Not my favourite

Author: rebeljenn from Bath, England
9 November 2005

Review of An American Tale (Gone Western): I didn't like the first and original film based on the same characters. This one certainly did less for me. I remember being bored out of my mind while watching this (as a child). Maybe adults will find it cute, but I didn't like it at all, and I was in my early teens when I saw it.

Review of An American Tale: I could never get into this film as a child, and I had trouble relating to the characters. It was a sad story, but the sadness just seemed to make me cringe-especially when the mice started to sing about it. I just couldn't get into this film.

These were not my favourite Disney films. I'd recommend Bambi, Lady and The Tramp, and some of the others.

"I just want a cat that's more like a dog!" - Excellent

Author: Cylex from England
20 April 2002

It isn't often that an animated sequel is released at the cinema and this one deservedly so! I loved the original and this one's just as good. It has delightful characters, a fast paced plot, memorable music and splendid humour. Tiger is even funnier in this film than he was in the last. Tanya's character is a lot more developed and I enjoyed watching her dream come true. Other characters worthy of note are Cat R Waul and Miss Kitty. Their scene together is brilliant. The dialogue is sharp and not dull. If it's fun you're after you can't do better than this. 10/10

The absolute best animated film

Author: mahalo-2 from Wilmington, DE
26 July 2000

Now I know what you're thinking. "You can't really be serious about this being the best animated film of all time?" But I am serious. I'm completely biased because when i was little I spent this whole summer where all I had to watch was "Fievel Goes West" or the three Indiana Jones movies. Surprisingly, I yet get sick of any of those four movies. To this day I still love "Fievel Goes West." I have basically memorized all the words and annoy my friends and family by even quoting it. "If growing up were easy, Fievel, would it take so long?" I love that quote! It was basically my motto throughout high school. I know I sound crazy, but this is an awesome movie with great songs and adorable characters!!!

A huge improvement from the first one

Author: Cal-5 from Manteca, CA
7 August 1998

I don't know what my reason was for renting this film, since I hated the first one. To my surprise I liked Fievel Goes West quite a bit. I thought the animation was a lot better, as well as the songs. I, also, enjoyed Jimmy Stewart as Wylie Burp, the old law dog of the West. It was too bad that this film was released around the same time as Beauty and the Beast.

Page 4 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]