IMDb > "Top of the Heap" (1991) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Top of the Heap" More at IMDbPro »

I laughed so hard!

Author: Pythonet from United States
7 December 1998

This was a charming spin-off of "Married with Children" and lasted all too short a time. It was clever and funny and featured the inspired pairing of Joe Bologna and Matt LeBlanc as father and clueless son. It was hysterically funny--and that's what a comedy is for!

Good While It Lasted

Author: MDWarrior from Dayton, OH
4 May 2004

Top of the Heap was basically another Married With Children, with the exception of the mother and daughter. Basically, Charlie Verducci is another Al Bundy who has high hopes for his son, Vinnie. He convinces Vinnie to get a job at the local lavished Country Club, with hopes that he will end up marrying a wealthy woman and then take care of Charlie. Charlie also had an infatuation with the owner/manager of the country club. Many times, the stars of Married With Children would make special appearances on this show. Many episodes resembled one another, which is probably why the series didn't last. Eventually there was a spin off of this spin off, known as Vinnie and Bobby. That one didn't last long either. Good thing Matt LeBlanc got casted in Friends.

okay for a while

Author: departed07 from United States
26 August 2003

even though I've never seen the entire sitcom, but I always thought that this show was going to be a hit, but it was just a summer show until Married... With Children came back. Matt LaBlanc(friends) and Joseph Bologna(big daddy) were the son and father. They were the emulation of Kelly and Al Bundy. I've only seen the first show because of Al Bundy, if there were any other ways to see this show, let me know.