IMDb > "Little Dracula" (1991) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Little Dracula" More at IMDbPro »

A great series, with little remembrance or recognition

Author: Dusty (Dornik@gmail.com) from Lawrence, Kansas USA
10 October 2005

I remember this show airing on FOX-TV when I was in the 3rd grade. I only remember six episodes being shown. It was in early September and they showed it everyday after school, and then the following Saturday morning. It involved a vampire who was around eight, his vampire family, his best friend (who was a werewolf) and an evil villain with two evil employees. It was a show that most kids could relate to, as it had Little Dracula starting school, having a Christmas celebration (which was nearly ruined by the evil villain, who was made of Garlic), a Hawaiian vacation, his first job at a fast food place (which the villain owned, and sold evil garlic burgers out of -- just so he could poison the the vampire family) and a couple more. It was a memorable show with excellent artwork and voice talents (including Jon Winters!).

About three months after I last saw it, there were toys at Target stores (a Target exclusive, maybe?) I bought the one with Little Drac and his magic top-hat. Anyway, it was a fantastic show with lots of imagination and originality. I don't understand the politics behind it not becoming a huge show. It was easily as good as the rest of the Fox children's fare of the season. It's just a shame that it never found it's market and took off.