IMDb > "Dinosaurs" (1991) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Dinosaurs"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Dinosaurs" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Fantastic, this was one of the funniest show on TV shame they don't make them anymore!

Author: gavinpage from Oxford, England
5 August 2000

This show was fantastic, really funny with the baby being the funniest character, he was always hitting Earl Sinclair on the the head with a frying pan and saying "Not the Mamma". Its just a shame the cancelled it and you can't get the videos anymore.

Great TV show

Author: SanderStrijbos from Reuver, Holland
7 March 2001

Dinosaurs is one of my all time favorite comedy shows. Especially the baby (I'm the baby, gotta love me!) is great! The best episode is the one in which the baby turns 2 years old and he becomes out of control. Earl and Fran call the babysitter and what follows is one of the best parodies I've ever seen along with Eekpocalypse Now from the Eek the Cat show (but you gotta have seen 'the Exorcist' for this one). 'The power of rice compels you!'

See it and see it again... and again... and again. (Even the re-runs are funny as hell!)

it was great show

Author: ellemanzo
13 November 2004

'Dinosaurs' was a great show, it really was. And not some copycat on 'The Simpsons.' I was quite young when the show began and ended, and it was an all time favorite of mine. I loved it b/c it was so funny. Many episodes had messages about our society today. Even though I was little, and there were some things I didn't get, I still remember those shows. Like this one episode where Earl, the dad, went and bought the two animals, considered delicacies, for his and Fran's anniversary. It turns out that they are the last of their kind, so Robbie tries to protect them. Sadly, Earl's boss eats them. But not before Robbie persuades them to reproduce and when Earl comes home with a heavy heart and trying to tell Robbie and tragic news, the adorable offspring hatch from their eggs. Or two episodes where Earl is arrested for bad parenting and the one with Robbie being head or the household. This show was good, but it was underrated and now, not even a decent number lousy fan site is out and about with it.

If you haven't seen it, buy the video's!

Author: raypdaley182 from Coventry
8 July 2005

Our dinosaur family are as follows Earl, a megalosaurus. Earls name I'd always heard as Earl Sneath Sinclair (not Sneed as the trivia says). Fran (who we didn't know if she had a middle name), Robbie (Robert Mark Sinclair), Charlene (no, no middle name there either) and Baby Sinclair (who was originally named Argh, argh, I'm Dying you idiot Sinclair). Family friends Roy Hess a t-Rex, Monica Devertaborough (some sort of diplodocus or bronotsaurus). Other people included Ethel Phillips (Fran's mum) and B.P. Richfield (earl's boss, a triceratops who seems to be a carnivore). Howard Handupme (a TV presenter of news), Spike (school bully & friend to Robbie), Mister Lizard ( a science presenter) and Timmy (who Mister Lizard kills in every episode, WE LOVE IT!)

The family are like a Dinosaur version of The Simpsons only funnier and more entertaining with actual messages in their shows.

Jim Henson only created 65 episodes which was enough to put the show into syndication in the US.

The show was and is still well loved if you go by the amount of interest all Henson Dinosaurs ebay sales create. I own all the videos that were released in the Uk. I was annoyed to see there were holiday specials that never made it to VHS and will have to wait until there is ever an official DVD release.

This was an excellent show and provided me with many afternoons of entertainment and still does. I can still watch the video's and enjoy them on many levels especially "Ask Mister Lizard" which I love and think should have got it's own show.

RELEASE THE WHOLE THING ON DVD, PLEASE?

One of the greatest shows ever

Author: Rainer Koschnick (arkay) from Germany
2 February 2003

I'm still wondering why they ever decided to cancel this great show. It had great production value (those dinosaurs look really great, and this is pre-CGI) and it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. I still enjoy watching the reruns on German TV.

"Dinosaurs" is one of the funniest series ever to be aired on TV!

Author: muppets3377
12 May 2003

The comedy never ends in this amazing show--it ranges from small but hilarious expressions to in-depth jokes. The characters are entertaining and believable, and their situations are unique and enhanced by their different ways of dealing with them. The dinosaurs themselves are very realistic, and make you want to truly believe in their prehistoric world that is so much like our own. There are also important and much-needed lessons to be learned from this wonderful show, and the humour is almost completely clean.

One of the ten greatest sitcoms ever.

Author: Thanos6 from Newberry, SC
28 January 2000

This show is hilarious! Whether it's Baby hitting Earl with a frying pan while saying, "Not the mama!" or Robbie accidentally becoming leader of a gang, or Charlene and Fran having another discussion about money... ...this is a show that was guaranteed to make me laugh out loud. People say it's a ripoff of the Simpsons. Well, in my view it's BETTER than the Simpsons.

And then the stupid TV execs decide to give it the axe. Grrrr! But it had one of the best and most heart-tugging final episodes of any TV series.

In fact, the time is right for a new series, in my view...

Outstanding, ranking with "best family entertainment aired"

Author: RSBlain from USA
2 May 2006

I was thrilled to see "the Dinosaurs" being re-published on DVD. As an adult of 62 years I know cartoon characters are a little far fetched for an interest. I am, as an adult of 62 years, not only fond of the Dinosaurs but "just plain crazy about them". The characters and moral teaching done within all of the episodes was outstanding and human and highly entertaining. Sitting here writing, I am not speaking of a single episode but of every episode that was aired. I can't think of a better teaching tool for values or better entertainment for children or adults. There is no blood and guts, no bad language, wonderful animation, no dysfunctional family but real togetherness all done in the most heartwarming ways. I am remembering so many of the stories as I write and can't fault a single one.

I purchased all of the tapes I could find and hope to add all of the upcoming releases on DVD, I wouldn't miss adding them to my collection. I just can't speak highly enough of every single episode I was ever privileged to see. My rating is a 10. RSBlain

Really well done spoof of modern America!!!

Author: Tommy Nelson from Long Beach, California
3 May 2006

stars: Stuart Pankin as Earl Sneed Sinclair. Jessica Walter as Fran Sinclair. Jason Willinger as Robert Mark Sinclair. Kevin Clash as Baby Sinclair and Howard Handupme. Sally Struthers as Charlene Sinclair. Florence Stanley as Ethyl Phillips. Sam McMurray as Roy Hess and Mr. Lizard. Sherman Hemsley as BP Richfield. Suzie Plakson as Monica Divertibrae. (episode 14 plus) Chris Meloni as Spike (1991-1992) Jason Alexander as "Sexual" Harris, Gus Molehill, Job Wizard, Grown up Baby and various others. Michael McKean as Various. Tim Curry as Various. Brian Henson as Arthur Rizzic, fridge food and others. With Performers: Steve Whittemire, Dave Goelz and Bill Barretta.

Based on an idea by the late, but great Jim Henson, Dinosaurs is about Megalasaurus Earl Sinclair, who is your average dumb father. We have his slightly overbearing wife Fran, his baby who craves attention, his teenage son robbie and his unpopular but trying daughter Charlene. The show brings dinosaurs to life through animatronic puppeteering through facial movements, which looks great and really cool sets. The show kind of turns actual situations into dinosaur situations, like Charlene wanting to grow a tail because her friends have them and the boys will like her, or dirty politics (most plots containing Earl's boss). It actually shows how ignorant man can be. earl is a tree pusher, and pushes down trees for no reason. The dinosaurs eat anything smaller than them because they're big. It has clever dialogue that helps it along too. Other than the family, we also have Ethyl Phillips, who is Fran's paraplegic mother who hates Earl. There's Roy, Earl's bud at work. There's his evil Triceratops boss Mr. Richfield and Fran's long necked, four legged friend who just sticks her neck in because she has no hands. I totally recommend this show, and I hope you enjoy it!

My rating: 4/4. TV rating can differ, can contain some sexual candor or mild language. TVPG.

An absolute ABC classic!

Author: Grace Zeh (filmgirlgz@gmail.com) from Chantilly, Virginia, USA
22 January 2006

"DINOSAURS," is my opinion, is an absolute ABC classic! I don't think I've seen every episode, but I still enjoyed it. It's hard to say which episode was my favorite. However, I think it was always funny when a mishap occurred. I always laughed at that. Despite the fact that it was a short-lived series, it was nice that all the main characters stayed with the show throughout its entire run. It seems that no one stays with a show throughout its entire run. Everyone always gave a good performance, the production design was spectacular, the characters and everything about them were well-designed, and the writing was always very strong. In conclusion, I hope they bring it back on the air for fans of the show to see.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]