IMDb > "The Commish" (1991) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Commish"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"The Commish" More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

SKY TV - PLEASE BRING IT BACK

Author: kathryn-white10 from GLASGOW, SCOTLAND
14 August 2004

When the Commish first started on Satellite TV (It never made mainstream in the UK) I was hooked from the very first trailer. Michael Chiklis is amazing and I have to admit to being a huge Stephen J Cannell fan. The story lines may have had the usual servings of Cannell Corn but thats what made him the king of 80's TV. Every programme on satellite and cable gets repeated until the tape wears out so what happened with the Commish? Every week since it ended in 1996 I have looked in vain in the TV Magazines for its return. I recently found an episode that I had taped on the tail end of a movie and was in cloud nine. Now that the Shield is gaining more and more popularity it is easier to have faith that some TV execs will dust off the old episodes of the Commish and unearth a classic. I can only hope.

There'll never be a better show...

Author: pauliepentangeli (pauliepentangeli@aol.com) from California
15 March 2000

The Commish is definitely the best show ever produced on television. It had a perfect balance of comedy and drama. Every episode was filled with clever twists and turns that made each and ever show original. No other program on television has or will ever come close to The Commish's unique chemistry. Every single character on the show is far beyond memorable.

-PauliePentangeli@aol.com http://commishtv.homepage.com

Could very well be the best show ever on television!

Author: jeff hughes (jayslug@aol.com)
7 September 1999

"The Commish" as hard-hitting, heartfelt, and brilliant ABC dramatic series found and home and met it's end in the early nineties. "The Commish" and "Matt Waters" were cancelled, while shows like "Caroline in the City" and "Suddenly Susan" continue. The world is anarchy.

There is nothing more I can say as I pull back the tears. I loved "The Commish," and I wasn't the only one. We all did. It kept us going.

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]