IMDb > "Blossom" (1990) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Blossom"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Blossom" More at IMDbPro »

Great show

Author: jhu262 from United States
4 February 2009

well Mayim Bialik went back to school and got her PhD in neuroscience at Yale or Harvard she was accepted at both, she hasn't done too badly I hear she getting back to acting slowly she is a very Bright Young Lady joey Lawrence is still acting but with not much success but he was very good on Blossom as was Ted Wass and the girl who played Six. This show was thought provoking and had dealt with serious issues I think it was a very good writing show I'm glad it has finally been released on DVD way over due i hope they release the rest of the series soon They need more shows like this that are well written and acted And less of Hanna Montana and Disney

One of my all time favorite TV shows

Author: jmarieinca from United States
29 January 2008

I loved this show because I was a teenager at the time and now in my 20's I still love it because it brings back memories. Looking back now, I related to Blossom's situations and I have/had a huge crush on Joey Lawrence, especially when he blossomed! This show has good values, and is family oriented. I also like the guest stars on, but I don't know names, their faces look familiar. I especially like the Paris episodes when Blossom goes to try find her mother and the Beach Blossom Party episodes - they stand out the most to me. I think his Joey' real-life brothers are on one of the episodes, too. I wish this TV show lasted longer, at least until '96, this show is a blast to watch over again.

I love this show!

Author: ladies_pinch from United Kingdom
6 September 2005

This show was and still is really, really funny so many people give it bad reviews saying how it wasn't funny and was corny! Sure it was a little corny but that was part of its charm! I mean all sitcoms are a little corny even really successful sitcoms like friends ad will and grace are corny every now and again! I never really watched it when it first aired seeing as that was in 1991 (and i was a baby!!!!) But i watched it on British channels as i got older and i really loved it! Even though it was a little dated by the time i saw it, it didn't matter it was till funny! I saw it ages ago on Nickelodeon but its off the air for now!!! Put it back on Nickelodeon!!!!!! Even though it was called 'Blossom' Joey was really the star of the show! Even though he played a really dumb character, but he was so funny and so hot! I even say his catch phrase 'WHOA!' Any way i miss the show and can't wait to some British channel puts it back in the air ! (HINT HINT NICKELODEON!!!)

Pretty corny 90's sitcom with weak plots.

Author: Mike Chambers from St. Louis, MO, USA
13 December 2013

Not a very good show. Maybe got a chuckle now and then out of me, but for the most part it was pretty boring and had weak plots. I will admit that back when I was an early teen and the show was still airing, I had a big crush on Mayim Bialik (Blossom). She may not be classically what most guys considered "hot" or whatever, but to me there was something very endearing about her and I thought she was sooo cute.

Still, the show mostly did suck. I don't get what some people saw in it after reading some of the reviews here. It tended to be really corny more often than not. I guess it didn't help that I'm a guy, and so couldn't relate to a lot of the issues Blossom had to deal with as a teenage girl.

One of my favorite shows!!!!!!

Author: queenofdarkness
18 February 2003

First of all I want to start of that for people who haven't seen Blossom at all or are still watching, DON'T read this, cause it may spoil some things for you (sorry:)). But I just wanted to say that Blossom is one of my favorite shows it's a re-run (for the second time!!) and I still love to watch it. The show especially won my heart over, when Shelley and Anthony got married and when they had a child. I just loved that. I was a great move by the producers to make Anthony marry a woman from an other race. That proves that Love is (color)blind. I just loved Shelley and Anthony's characters. I also loved Kennedy, she was so cute!! I was 14 when the show stopped and I'm 22 now and......it's just great! It brings me back to those days and I love it!!!!!

I Don't Care If It's Never Been "Cool" to Like This Show!

Author: Jubilee-3 from New Jersey
29 April 1999

I will admit that I loved this program. It was never hip, but then again, popularity has never been my goal. I thought that the whole cast was great, and I even had a book about the show. All the characters were so cool, and I found it to be very entertaining. If anyone can catch this on syndication, do it. It'll be worth your time.

Up there in re-run heaven

Author: Mickey Tveter from New York
14 January 2000

From the absolutely non-catchy theme song to the interesting assortment of characters (a druggie, a moron, another moron that wants to sleep with the first moron, etc..) to the lame storylines (Will Blossom have sex? was the topic of at least 10 episodes) Blossom never ceased to underachieve. The Russo's were like the Cosby's except for being less funny and in more need of therapy. Mr. Russo always went on about his dead wife and Joey Lawrence became the main character by default because the other characters were uber-Urkels. It was a sign of its times. Blossom, while credit is given for creativity, often wore what looked like scraps from the fabric store stapled together for the maximum defect. I see it on re-runs every now and then but why? Maybe if you want to see why NBC was always suffering low ratings in the years before "Friends" and "Seinfeld."

Wouldn't even last a full season in this day age

Author: adavis (aheckle@yahoo.com) from Memphis, TN
5 December 2003

If this show was created today the major networks wouldn't touch it. It would be another horrible WB sitcom that runs a season or two. When they came out with the list of 50 worst shows of all time this show should have been on it. Around this time producers were obsessed with making Mayim Bialik a major star, because of her 10 minute role in the movie Beaches. A real sign that this show wasn't as popular as the E network and Entertainment Tonight made it out to be was when they made a TV movie and it placed in the bottom 5. Another sign was the actors have not done much since the show ended. Joey Lawrence's new show only ran 2 seasons and I just saw Bialik for the first time in while on 7th heaven. In late 80's and early 90's the theme for sitcoms was to be really sappy and luckily that has changed.

Terrible!

Author: yonko from Maryland
10 January 2002

This show was horrible! I can't believe they actually show reruns of this pathetic show. Whatever happened to reruns of What's Happening? Blossom wasn't funny, it was corny, and it had terrible plot. Yes, folks, this show was even worse than Full House. This show belongs in the sitcom grave yard. I used to pray for this show to get cancelled.

HA laugh i thought i'd never start

Author: AdRiAn-RaYmEnT-is-my-HuSbAnD
28 July 2004

This show is not even so bad it's good.It's just bad.From her erm dancing in the opening credits the eccentric grandad(yeah right) the stupid but lovable brother(jesus christ)the very forgettable other ones what were their names again?And the handsome understanding lonely father(ha i f**king think not my friend)and last but by no means least Six.The phrase:The sites you see when you have not got a gun springs to mind every time she walks onto the scene in a purple dress and cowboy boots(!)It's shows like this that make you see the little but oh so important things in the world.Like the button on the TV remote that changes the channel.This makes the Amanda show look ...no i was about to write This makes the Amanda show look half decent but nothing could do that.8 words to Blossom PUT THOSE BLOODY CARDIGANS IN THE BLOODY BIN.