Blossom (TV Series 1990–1995) Poster

(1990–1995)

25 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
Haven't watched it on 5 years but the memories are good.
insomniac_rod21 January 2007
Overall entertaining family sitcom with the occasional sensual situations and the problems of growing...

With a not so conventional beauty like Mayim Bialik, "Blossom" centered on all of it's main characters to develop a plot on every episode. Blossom was the principal character but the show didn't focused on her 100%. Joey Lawrence was a rising star and at some points in the series run, he was stealing the show. The character of six also had her great moments.

Well I started watching this show for Bialik. I felt attracted to her for unknown reasons. I mean, she isn't beautiful in the likes of Hollywood but she had an on screen charm that only a few have.

The situations were surprisingly interesting in most episodes and involved problems of teens and young adults. So don't expect a "Full House" comedy situations.

Give a try to "Blossom" because it's certainly different. Those were the days...
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
This and Full House every weekday
mathhater4life11 November 2001
I am only 15, so I don't really remember this show when it originally aired. But a few years ago (I was maybe ten) they used to play it every week day after I got home from school. I started watching it and soon it was just a daily habbit I couldn't break. Although, the fashions & some of the antics are completely outdated..whenever I see it it brings back good memories. This and Full House every weekday...and they were shows that made me feel happy.
16 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Quite possible the greatest achievement in the history of mankind
Gacrux30 October 2006
If aliens landed on planet earth I would give them four things to help them understand humanity: #1- Marcel Proust's "À la recherche du temps perdu." #2- Beethoven's "Symphony No. 9 in D minor, opus 125." #3- Da Vinci's "The Last Supper." #4- The complete series of NBC's "Blossom." Now why would I say such a thing. To provoke a strong reaction or elicit a chuckle? That is but 10% of the reason why. This is a criminally underrated show. The dialogue took your average sitcom to the intellectual woodshed and the fantasy conversations gave it a whuppin' with the leather strap of self-referential meta-fantasy. We are not dealing with simple characters here. We are dealing with Jungian archetypes taken to a depth that most people can't understand. Joey is perhaps the greatest example of "Puer Aeternus" I've ever seen in my lifetime. And his "whoa." Whoa. It's existential. Like "if a tree falls in the woods..." The answer is "Whoa." If you want challenging TV drama I suggest you delve into the labyrinthine complexities of the world we privileged few know as... "Blossom."
28 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
This Is Such A Classic Show!
famousgir115 September 2001
Blossom is definitely a classic show, which will be remembered forever by all those who watched it. The show is about teenager Blossom Russo, played brilliantly by Mayim Bialik. She lives with her father, Nick (Ted Wass.) and her two brothers, Joey (Cute Joey Lawrence.) and Anthony. (Michael Stoyanov.) and has a boy crazy 'chatterbox' best friend, Six. ( Jenna von Oÿ.) The show follows Blossom's life, with her ups and downs, her boyfriends and of course, her family life and much more. There's a great cast in the show, including, the special guests that have appeared. I love the theme song to the show too. It's really great. One more mention to the brilliant Mayim Bialik, who is a fantastic actress. (And, has a GREAT great sense too.) I hope to see more of her in the future. Blossom is an award winning 10/10 show.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
i loved this show!
louisemcmahon21 September 2002
i discovered blossom when i was at home years ago off sick from school and ever since i was hooked! I loved the character of her brother joey. he always made me crack up just because he was so dumb! i also really liked the character vinnie in show (purely because of his good looks!!) i'm surprised that most of the people i talk to either dont like the show or havent even heard of it! I love it and still watch the re runs whenever they were on.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
One of the best sit-coms of the 90's
amanda_adams12200025 January 2004
It was not only funny, but a lot of the situations that Blossom went through was what I experienced as a teenager growing up and therefore I could relate to. It had a positive message in educating young people about issues such as alcohol, drugs and teenage pregnancy. It also showed what it's like for a single father to raise three children and his fear for the dates that his daughter brings home and above all how to overcome their problems as a family unit. Many stars fade out past their teens, but Joey Lawrence's career has esculated further as a result of Blossom's success so it couldn't been all that bad for him, playing a complete dimwit.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
I really adore this one!!!
canto-320 November 1999
I must to say. This show is one of the best shows ever done. The actors are amazing and the histories are excellent. The characters are very well developed through the show, and each episode is best than the other.

This show treats about problems that happen in youngsters life. Every episode is very funny and good, and here in Brazil, it gives high audience. And I can proof this. SBT, the channel that airs Blossom Sunday to Friday, aired the show from the start to the end, and repeated 3 seasons (I´m not sure) around 4 times. And it´s still been aired. I watch the episodes several times and love to see them again. This show is serious when it has to be, and funny when it has to be.
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Pretty corny 90's sitcom with weak plots.
mikerlz13 December 2013
Not a very good show. Maybe got a chuckle now and then out of me, but for the most part it was pretty boring and had weak plots. I will admit that back when I was an early teen and the show was still airing, I had a big crush on Mayim Bialik (Blossom). She may not be classically what most guys considered "hot" or whatever, but to me there was something very endearing about her and I thought she was sooo cute.

Still, the show mostly did suck. I don't get what some people saw in it after reading some of the reviews here. It tended to be really corny more often than not. I guess it didn't help that I'm a guy, and so couldn't relate to a lot of the issues Blossom had to deal with as a teenage girl.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Wouldn't even last a full season in this day age
adavis5 December 2003
If this show was created today the major networks wouldn't touch it. It would be another horrible WB sitcom that runs a season or two. When they came out with the list of 50 worst shows of all time this show should have been on it. Around this time producers were obsessed with making Mayim Bialik a major star, because of her 10 minute role in the movie Beaches. A real sign that this show wasn't as popular as the E network and Entertainment Tonight made it out to be was when they made a TV movie and it placed in the bottom 5. Another sign was the actors have not done much since the show ended. Joey Lawrence's new show only ran 2 seasons and I just saw Bialik for the first time in while on 7th heaven. In late 80's and early 90's the theme for sitcoms was to be really sappy and luckily that has changed.
8 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
not bad...
insomniac-rod22 March 2002
I've been watching the re-runs of "Blossom", and I feel guilty because I like it. This show has good acting, kind of funny plots, and a beautiful and skilled lead .. uhm, actress. Watch "Blossom" if you don't have anything else to do.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this