IMDb > Working Tra$h (1990) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Working Tra$h (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Great Movie

Author: susanbohdan from United States
17 September 2006

There are plenty of laughs...... and a story line. I enjoyed more by watching again with commentaries. I haven't done this for a while. This commentary was informative and kept my attention. Facts like.... You find out this was Ben's first feature film. Buddy & Ben's input in the script. That they did their own stunts, except for one very dangerous one. A low budget film. The use of angles and lighting were exceptional. Although made in 1990, 16 years ago, it definitely seems more recent. In other words, the other reviewer did not give this film a fair chance. I have said as much as I can without this being a spoiler.

Don't expect miracles and you might enjoy it............

Author: merklekranz from United States
27 December 2008

"Working Trash" is watchable for the interesting pairing of George Carlin and Ben Stiller. Unfortunately the script, which has a promising premise, is underdeveloped, especially in regards to believability. The theme is somewhat similar to "Trading Places", however the result is inferior. Then again, this is a TV movie, so expectations should be less, and on that note, I suppose it delivers enough chuckles. Supporting roles by Buddy Ebson, and Michael J. Pollard are another plus. It is almost worth seeing just for some of George Carlin's outlandish costumes. Don't expect miracles and you might enjoy it. - MERK

A Good Early Effort By Ben Stiller.

Author: BraveHawk from United States
5 February 2005

Working Trash is a nice little story of two janitors who decide to play the stock market. George Carlin takes top billing as Ralph, an old school janitor who has been with the company for 23 years. A very young Ben Stiller co-stars as Freddy Novak, a young guy who applied to become a stock broker but they gave him a job as a janitor, so he could work his way up and who nobody would take seriously, due to his lack of experience and education.

One day while Ralph and Freddy are working, they come across some confidential information concerning a stock that is about to hit big. Freddy realizes that it is a crime called insider trading but Ralph talks him into it, in order to pay off his debt to the mafia. Anyhow, the two janitors kept playing the market and making a lot of money, which drew the attention of their superiors, who ended up firing both men. Of course, there is some funny stuff going on at the top and Freddy and Ralph have to find a way to get their jobs back.

This was a good early effort for Stiller and I think recreating the team of Stiller and Carlin might be a better idea nowadays than before, now that they could get a better script to work with. Regardless, this is a nice story the whole family could watch without fear of something inappropriate popping up. I give this 7 of 10 stars.

Ugh...

Author: filmfortheblind from United States
6 September 2005

Every once in a while there comes a movie who's title could be used as a review for the movie. This is that movie.

I can't tell you that much about Working Trash being that I turned it off after about 20 minutes from the sheer agony it was causing me and the others in the room watching it. Yes this movie may have Ben Stiller, George Carlin and even voice of Homer Simpson (Dan Castellaneta), but none of them had a hope of helping save this.

I had trouble when I tried to categorize this film. Apparently blockbuster claims it is a comedy. The only joke here is that this movie made it on to the shelf.

Enjoyable but superficial money's mania satire.

Author: salciuco@inwind.it
6 April 2003

Ben Stiller and George Carlin are the stars in this nice comedy that try to funny with the success run's of the men. A young finance genius assume on to a Stock Exchange company but only as cleaning man and with a old colleague began to play in it thanks to few information that they found in the sweepings for pay the gambling debt to the old man. He found money, love and success. Laughter and care freeness are the leadings element in this TV comedy, that I must say it's very good also that it's only a TV movie. Maybe with a best developed of the story and a major deeper the final product was more believable and interesting but the two leading character anyway are likely and funny, in particular Ben Stiller in the beginning is very and already demonstrate his talent. For a care freeness evening and for see a young Ben Stiller in a role that if not have the freshness and the humorous of his new product is anyway appreciable. My rate is 6.