IMDb > "American Playhouse" Women & Wallace (1990) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"American Playhouse" Women & Wallace (1990)

« Prev | 138 of 163 Episodes | Next »

This play is becoming a cult classic.

Author: desact from n.y.
16 January 2000

High school students love the play, but the film is virtually unobtainable. The playwright, Jonathan Marc Sherman, never really made it big, but this is a wonderful, poignant, clever, hilarious film, and the cast, including Hamilton, who starred in the made-for-t.v.-flick, "The 60s," is excellent. The play has been performed at numerous high schools around the country, and kids love it. Because Sherman was only 18 (I believe) when he wrote it, it really speaks to those who are going through many of the same problems with the opposite sex. The sequence called "Tyrannosaurus Rex," in which Wallace performs an offensive stand-up routine before all of the women in his life and they leave, one-by-one, is just amazing. The film gets a bit hokey for some at the end, as Wallace discovers true love, but it still works as a whole. Women and Wallace deserves a re-release and a wider audience.

One Of The Best Movies I've Ever Seen

Author: Alexander Bizarski (sparx_rojas@yahoo.com) from Sofia, Bulgaria
16 June 2004

Spoiler! I liked that movie very much. Especially the great acting of Joana Going. I had pins and needles when she killed her grandmother. The film is made very well and Joana is exactly like a school girl. For those of you who haven't seen the movie, it is about a girl who kills her mother. After that she makes acquaintance with a nice schoolmate and they are great company. She falls in love with a teacher. Her grandmother treats her like nothing. After the old woman dies from her own walking stick, the girl decides that this teacher will be hers and she makes everything possible to win him. But I have a big problem. I can't find the movie anywhere.

If someone has it, please email me, let me know.