IMDb > Mo yu fei long (1991) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Mo yu fei long More at IMDbPro »

Unsung Classic HK

Author: rutt13-1 (rutt13@yahoo.com) from IN, USA
24 June 2001

This is a really entertaining, exciting action adventure from Stanley Tong, director of "Supercop." I believe this was his first movie, and his considerable talent shines through as two women (Nina Li Chi and Elaine Lui) head into the jungle to seek out Lui's father. They get caught up in a tribal war, meet up with the guy who played Rikki in "Story of Rikki," and brave the jungle's considerable dangers before confronting a vicious gang of drug dealers. Lots of action, blood, kung-fu, gunfights....Fast paced and funny it delivers.

Forgettable early '90s Chop Sokey

Author: Heislegend from United States
4 July 2007

I have to admit...I watched this movie mostly because it stars Siu-Wong Fan of "Story Of Ricky" fame. I've seen a few of his movies over the years, probably searching for another "Ricky". Well...I'll save you the suspense and just say that sadly there just aren't any other movies that live up to that (at least not that I've found). Then again, for those of you who've seen it, how could they?

Stone Age Warriors is a valiant attempt at a new spin on the kung fu adventure movie, but kind of falls flat. It wasn't particularly good, it wasn't particularly bad. It just sort of was. I watched it on the advice of a friend who told me it had comedy, blood, and lots of action. It's got all 3, but not enough of any of them.

Essentially the story starts with a group of men in the jungles of New Guinea who get ambushed and (mostly) killed by a native tribe. So then it's up to one man's daughter who refuses to believe he's dead, along with some chick who sold him insurance (hey...I didn't say it made sense), to track him down. Along the poorly-edited way they meet a Chinese man who has been raised by local tribes yet somehow has a pretty decent ability to perform kung fu. Go figure. If you can wrap your mind around all that, Stone Age Warriors might just be right up your alley. It was just a bit too much for me.