IMDb > Look Who's Talking Too (1990) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Look Who's Talking Too

Look Who's Talking Too More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Going over the same stuff again

Author: gcd70 from Melbourne, Australia
4 October 2007

Original director Amy Heckerling returns with John Travolta, Kirstie Alley and many more of the original cast for what turns out to be more of the same with this sequel.

"Look Who's Talking Too" just brings us a repeat performance in the true tradition of disappointing sequels. The plot merely goes through the motions and only delivers a movie that actually manages to be even sillier than the first. Bruce Willis returns as the voice of 'Mikey', and he's joined by Roseanne Barr who lends her voice to 'Mikey's new baby sister, 'Julie'. But neither one manage to raise any laughs in a very unsatisfactory film.

Saturday, July 25, 1992 - Video

Bland and lacklustre

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
2 August 2010

The main problem with this sequel is that it is a very lacklustre retread of the much superior first movie. Now I don't mind more-of-the same-sequels, Home Alone 2 is one of the best and most underrated sequels out there in my opinion and that is often criticised for being too much like the first film.

Starting with the good things, the cameos from Damon Wayons and Mel Brooks are amusing, same with Bruce Willis and Roseanne Barr and I liked John Travolta's dance number. Plus the soundtrack was good and the film was nice to look at. However, it is incredibly predictable in the story and the script is very weak, I do agree there are too many poopoo jokes. The direction is bland and the sentimentality well and truly gets in the way.

Overall, disappointing and bland. 4/10 Bethany Cox

I need a fix cause I'm going down, down to the bits that I left uptown

Author: jessegehrig from United States
25 March 2014

I was embarrassed for the cast when I first saw this movie. Then I started to think, hey at least its not The Adventures Of Pluto Nash, or The Sweetest Thing, or 2012, or White Chicks,or Crank,or that is certainly nothing to be ashamed of. Its aims to be satire but achieves schmaltz. The writing is terrible, the direction is equally as bad.--- Am I a bad person if I don't care about what little kids are thinking? Because I don't. Maybe if I had children of my own the idea of talking babies might be cute, but I don't have children and so what should be cute in this movie is instead cloying and choking like being caught in a cloud of bad perfume. Overall this predictable bore is to be avoided but there are far worse movies, success!

*****,perfect 5 stars,a highly underrated sequel.

Author: PJS-5 from N.H
1 July 1999

COME ON FOLKS WHATS SO APPALLING ABOUT THIS MOVIE! although I can understand if it was called "Not as good as the 1st but okay" although personally I thought the film was as good as the original (call me insane if you want I don't really care) the film still had plenty of good humor (granted the humor was rather gross & juvenile mostly but still) the plot worked & it still has a good amount of humor & heart as the 1st film so I leave you now & (unless you'd place it a rating & review such as I did) encourage you to give this film another chance,BYE!

None Of The Charm Of The First Movie

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
5 February 2015

"Look Who Is Talking Too" is not a sequel to the enjoyable "Look Who Is Talking" it's a clone. A weak, pale imitation clone, but a clone none the less. It was inevitable that following the success of a "Look Who Is Talking" that a sequel would follow. It was also inevitable that the sequel would be of inferior quality.

Plot in A Paragraph: Mollie (Kirstie Alley) and James (John Travolta) are together and raising a family, which now consists of an older Mikey (voiced by Bruce Willis) and his baby sister, Julie (Roseanne Barr)

All the charm of the original movie is missing, what made the first movie so good was it was new, fresh and original. This is more of the same but without the originality, freshness, and newness. Instead it has Roseanne Barr.

My God, her voice is annoying!! The script is weak, Travolta and Alley do not enjoy the same chemistry as in the first movie (which is a shame) Bruce Willis remains fun, but that is about it!!

On the edge

Author: Breakormake
19 June 2015

"Look Who's Talking Too" was a good movie, knowing that it was a sequel I kind of expected that it was never going to beat the first. Although the story line was OK and the acting of the mains was good I felt like I still wanted more to surprise me and felt like the movie was a bit predictable. You could say it was on the edge of being a tiny bit of a let down and still wanting more to find out what happens in the future.

"Look Who's Talking Too" is still worth the watch if you enjoyed the original as there are a few scenes which you still giggle every now and then. Nevertheless, it's not a movie I would see again and again.

Break____"Look Who's Talking Too"____Make

The title is the funniest thing about the movie.....

Author: FlashCallahan from Leicester, United Kingdom
25 May 2015

Mollie and James are together and raising a family, which now consists of an older Mikey and his baby sister, Julie.

Tension between the siblings arises, and as well with Mollie and James when Mollie's brother Stuart moves in.

Mikey is also learning how to use the toilet for the first time.....

I'm ashamed to say that when this was released in the cinemas back in 1991, I saw this a whopping three times. Not because I loved it, because there wasn't much else for a thirteen year old to see at that time, and my gosh, the phrase 'blatant cash in' must have been coined thanks to this movie.

The novelty of the film, adult voices for babies, is still there, but as cocky as Willis is, and his voice talents were brilliant in the first movie, the bad script cannot provide the cute humour that Mikey once had.

So it involves us more with Travolta and Alley, and although there are as good as you'd expect in a film like this, again, the script just destroys anything the narrative has to offer.

So we get the obligatory dance scene that Travolta has in every film, literal toilet humour, and the films saving grace, Gilbert Godfried as quite possibly the most neurotic Nursery owner ever.

But my biggest question is how much of the budget did the makers spend on the soundtrack? Because there are some huge songs in the film, from the likes of Lennon, Elvis, and Harrison. Amazing music for an almost non existent movie.

It all ends with a big fire where the children are in peril, Mikey learning to love his sister, and just like every other family friendly movie released at this time, a family barbecue.

All to the music of Sonny and Cher.

They've Got a Double Hitter!

Author: ( from Oklahoma
13 January 2015

It's very rare that a sequel will be as good as the original, but they achieved that in "Look Who's Talking Too." Congratulations on a job well done! Michael Travolta and Kirstie Alley were excellent choices for James and Mollie. The casting was good, the music brought back happy memories (I watched it 14 years after it was made), and the story line was fun. Because Mollie's feelings and the ups and downs of raising children were depicted so well, I suspected the story was written by a woman. Sure enough, Amy Heckerling both wrote and directed it. Bravo, Amy! You know? I bet babies and toddlers really DO think many of those things. Now I'm eager to watch the third movie in this trilogy.

Mikey's Back

Author: Punk19 from Chester, Virginia
17 July 2005

Mikey(Bruce Willis(voice)and Lorne Sussman) is now a two year old. His life is perfect. He has a mother, a father and now on it's way is his baby sister Julie(Roseanne Barr). Mollie(Kirstie Alley) and James(John Travolta) are so happy together. But when Julie is born Mikey has a whole new perspective about baby sisters. He now has problems with his parents. His sister even resists him. But in the end it turns alright. Mikey saves her and they live happily ever after.

This is a movie to show your two year old son that is now in the mode for potty training. For Mikey has a few terrific dreams about Mr.Toilet and using the potty. A good movie to let your children watch. Nothing graphic except a little butt is shown.

Not brilliant,but not too bad.

Author: Dillon Harris from Ireland
30 April 2010

Look who's talking too is an o.k. movie,I would say its an absolute must see,but I wouldn't say it was the worst movie ever either,its about a five year old baby who talks like an adult in his head and thinks that his parents can understand him,but all the other baby's talk like that too and they can all understand each other and the main baby's parents (Dad played by John Travolta)decide to have another baby,and when the baby finds out he looks forward to it,and once the new baby comes out the baby is o.k. with it,but as the days go on the baby starts to get jealous,and when the moms brother comes to stays for a while the dad isn't o.k. with him keeping a gun with him and after the parents have an argument with each other they separate for a while,and meanwhile the baby decides that hes getting too old for diapers and decides to tries use the toilet and he tries to teach his little teacher how to walk.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]