IMDb > Look Who's Talking Too (1990) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Look Who's Talking Too

Look Who's Talking Too More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Going over the same stuff again

Author: gcd70 from Melbourne, Australia
4 October 2007

Original director Amy Heckerling returns with John Travolta, Kirstie Alley and many more of the original cast for what turns out to be more of the same with this sequel.

"Look Who's Talking Too" just brings us a repeat performance in the true tradition of disappointing sequels. The plot merely goes through the motions and only delivers a movie that actually manages to be even sillier than the first. Bruce Willis returns as the voice of 'Mikey', and he's joined by Roseanne Barr who lends her voice to 'Mikey's new baby sister, 'Julie'. But neither one manage to raise any laughs in a very unsatisfactory film.

Saturday, July 25, 1992 - Video

I need a fix cause I'm going down, down to the bits that I left uptown

Author: jessegehrig from United States
25 March 2014

I was embarrassed for the cast when I first saw this movie. Then I started to think, hey at least its not The Adventures Of Pluto Nash, or The Sweetest Thing, or 2012, or White Chicks,or Crank,or ...so that is certainly nothing to be ashamed of. Its aims to be satire but achieves schmaltz. The writing is terrible, the direction is equally as bad.--- Am I a bad person if I don't care about what little kids are thinking? Because I don't. Maybe if I had children of my own the idea of talking babies might be cute, but I don't have children and so what should be cute in this movie is instead cloying and choking like being caught in a cloud of bad perfume. Overall this predictable bore is to be avoided but there are far worse movies, success!

Bland and lacklustre

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
2 August 2010

The main problem with this sequel is that it is a very lacklustre retread of the much superior first movie. Now I don't mind more-of-the same-sequels, Home Alone 2 is one of the best and most underrated sequels out there in my opinion and that is often criticised for being too much like the first film.

Starting with the good things, the cameos from Damon Wayons and Mel Brooks are amusing, same with Bruce Willis and Roseanne Barr and I liked John Travolta's dance number. Plus the soundtrack was good and the film was nice to look at. However, it is incredibly predictable in the story and the script is very weak, I do agree there are too many poopoo jokes. The direction is bland and the sentimentality well and truly gets in the way.

Overall, disappointing and bland. 4/10 Bethany Cox

None Of The Charm Of The First Movie

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
5 February 2015

"Look Who Is Talking Too" is not a sequel to the enjoyable "Look Who Is Talking" it's a clone. A weak, pale imitation clone, but a clone none the less. It was inevitable that following the success of a "Look Who Is Talking" that a sequel would follow. It was also inevitable that the sequel would be of inferior quality.

Plot in A Paragraph: Mollie (Kirstie Alley) and James (John Travolta) are together and raising a family, which now consists of an older Mikey (voiced by Bruce Willis) and his baby sister, Julie (Roseanne Barr)

All the charm of the original movie is missing, what made the first movie so good was it was new, fresh and original. This is more of the same but without the originality, freshness, and newness. Instead it has Roseanne Barr.

My God, her voice is annoying!! The script is weak, Travolta and Alley do not enjoy the same chemistry as in the first movie (which is a shame) Bruce Willis remains fun, but that is about it!!

*****,perfect 5 stars,a highly underrated sequel.

Author: PJS-5 from N.H
1 July 1999

COME ON FOLKS WHATS SO APPALLING ABOUT THIS MOVIE! although I can understand if it was called "Not as good as the 1st but okay" although personally I thought the film was as good as the original (call me insane if you want I don't really care) the film still had plenty of good humor (granted the humor was rather gross & juvenile mostly but still) the plot worked & it still has a good amount of humor & heart as the 1st film so I leave you now & (unless you'd place it a rating & review such as I did) encourage you to give this film another chance,BYE!

On the edge

Author: Breakormake
19 June 2015

"Look Who's Talking Too" was a good movie, knowing that it was a sequel I kind of expected that it was never going to beat the first. Although the story line was OK and the acting of the mains was good I felt like I still wanted more to surprise me and felt like the movie was a bit predictable. You could say it was on the edge of being a tiny bit of a let down and still wanting more to find out what happens in the future.

"Look Who's Talking Too" is still worth the watch if you enjoyed the original as there are a few scenes which you still giggle every now and then. Nevertheless, it's not a movie I would see again and again.

Break____"Look Who's Talking Too"____Make

The title is the funniest thing about the movie.....

Author: FlashCallahan from Leicester, United Kingdom
25 May 2015

Mollie and James are together and raising a family, which now consists of an older Mikey and his baby sister, Julie.

Tension between the siblings arises, and as well with Mollie and James when Mollie's brother Stuart moves in.

Mikey is also learning how to use the toilet for the first time.....

I'm ashamed to say that when this was released in the cinemas back in 1991, I saw this a whopping three times. Not because I loved it, because there wasn't much else for a thirteen year old to see at that time, and my gosh, the phrase 'blatant cash in' must have been coined thanks to this movie.

The novelty of the film, adult voices for babies, is still there, but as cocky as Willis is, and his voice talents were brilliant in the first movie, the bad script cannot provide the cute humour that Mikey once had.

So it involves us more with Travolta and Alley, and although there are as good as you'd expect in a film like this, again, the script just destroys anything the narrative has to offer.

So we get the obligatory dance scene that Travolta has in every film, literal toilet humour, and the films saving grace, Gilbert Godfried as quite possibly the most neurotic Nursery owner ever.

But my biggest question is how much of the budget did the makers spend on the soundtrack? Because there are some huge songs in the film, from the likes of Lennon, Elvis, and Harrison. Amazing music for an almost non existent movie.

It all ends with a big fire where the children are in peril, Mikey learning to love his sister, and just like every other family friendly movie released at this time, a family barbecue.

All to the music of Sonny and Cher.

They've Got a Double Hitter!

Author: (srgrabman@cableone.net) from Oklahoma
13 January 2015

It's very rare that a sequel will be as good as the original, but they achieved that in "Look Who's Talking Too." Congratulations on a job well done! Michael Travolta and Kirstie Alley were excellent choices for James and Mollie. The casting was good, the music brought back happy memories (I watched it 14 years after it was made), and the story line was fun. Because Mollie's feelings and the ups and downs of raising children were depicted so well, I suspected the story was written by a woman. Sure enough, Amy Heckerling both wrote and directed it. Bravo, Amy! You know? I bet babies and toddlers really DO think many of those things. Now I'm eager to watch the third movie in this trilogy.

Mikey's Back

Author: Punk19 from Chester, Virginia
17 July 2005

Mikey(Bruce Willis(voice)and Lorne Sussman) is now a two year old. His life is perfect. He has a mother, a father and now on it's way is his baby sister Julie(Roseanne Barr). Mollie(Kirstie Alley) and James(John Travolta) are so happy together. But when Julie is born Mikey has a whole new perspective about baby sisters. He now has problems with his parents. His sister even resists him. But in the end it turns alright. Mikey saves her and they live happily ever after.

This is a movie to show your two year old son that is now in the mode for potty training. For Mikey has a few terrific dreams about Mr.Toilet and using the potty. A good movie to let your children watch. Nothing graphic except a little butt is shown.

Lazy and Not Very Funny

Author: Michael_Elliott from Louisville, KY
1 June 2012

Look Who's Talking Too (1990)

* 1/2 (out of 4)

John Travolta and Kirstie Alley return in this "the first one made money so let's rush a sequel" film, which also has Bruce Willis returning as the voice of Mikey. This time out a new baby sister (voiced by Roseanne Barr) causes the parents to stress out and break up, which isn't easy on either kid. That's pretty much the only thing, story wise, that this sequel offers and it's clear that very little effort went into the production. It's really pathetic whenever so much energy goes into making a good film and then the producers just turn their back on that energy that made the first film so good and they just rush out whatever they can no matter how bad it is. LOOK WHO'S TALKING TOO really doesn't do anything right as we're just given situations that were covered in the first film but here they're not cute and they're especially not funny. This is a pretty poor film that only mildly works because it's constantly begging you to overlook all the flaws because the first film was so cute. In fact, the highlight of this sequel is a quick sequence when we get some flashback scenes from the first movie. The entire "joke" here deals with the parents trying to potty train Mikey and this leads to some really embarrassing moments including a singing session between the adults, a really bad "best friend" (voiced by Damon Wayans) who is always talking about the poo-poo monster and then there's the monster toilet (voiced by Mel Brooks), which is just downright embarrassing. In between all the unfunny jokes we're given some pretty bad dramatic moments including some stuff with the parents fighting in front of the kids and the finale with the fire really just seems out of place. The performances are all pretty boring as well as the two leads just sleepwalk through their roles and Barr is just horrid given some pretty bad dialogue to say. Willis is energetic at least but the dialogue does him no favors. Somehow, the producers managed to squeeze one more film out of the series and things were only going to get worse.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]