IMDb > "Police Rescue" (1989) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Police Rescue" More at IMDbPro »

Awesome

Author: penguin from Australia
10 June 2003

I've been watching the reruns on cable, and it's just as cool as when I first watched it as a teenager. Much better than the cops shows we have running lately and the characters are more real with real Aussie slang and speech not that try hard garbage.

It's also an opportunity to spot some of the Aussies that have gone on to foreign movies and TV.

Great show

Author: lid2000 from Mt Riv, Australia
1 November 2000

ABC have been re-running this at 1pm every Thursday. It's been great as I've had the last 3 weeks off because of HSC. I used to enjoy this show back in 1992, when I was about 10 or so, and I tuned in today hoping that it was as good as I remembered. I was right. This show is brilliant; every episode is like a miniature movie, the entire standard is incredibly high. DON'T watch the movie though, it's been made to sell the show to overseas markets and stuff, and its nowhere near as good as the TV series. All up, this is as close as you're gonna get to a perfect TV show (except the last series... it's more of an epilogue than a series)!

Great Aussie Action Drama!!

Author: Andypoo from Sydney, Australia
2 August 1999

If you want to see a bit of Sydney, and be on the edge of your seat half the time, then this is DEFINITELY the show for you!! I didn't hear about this show in it's original run, but having now seen it on cable for myself, I think it's definitely worth watching! If this is available on video, HIRE IT!