IMDb > Silence Like Glass (1989) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Silence Like Glass More at IMDbPro »Zwei Frauen (original title)

A excellent movie that captures the essence of cancer

Author: Holly from St. Louis, Missouri
15 February 2000

This movie, although dry and depressing, captures the fear and anger that young cancer patients face every day. For those people out there who feel that this movie is too much, then I hope you never are stricken with a deadly disease. I have not been that fortunate. I am currently in remission from stage 3b Hodgkin's disease that I fought for 2 years. I am now 23 years old and can identify with both Eva and Claudia in their daily struggles. Although the setting makes this movie seem very cold, the director was trying to show the isolation that cancer patients feel. This is the type of movie that should open our hearts to those who are sick and realize that some people really are going through this kind of pain.

A memory that won't go away. . .

Author: Lazlo Hollyfeld
9 August 2005

I saw this movie a very long time ago on HBO. It was a night that I could not sleep, perhaps it was around 2:00AM. I remember being taken by the characters and the pace of the film. I was interested the whole way through. My aunt died of cancer and I could understand the pain she was going through after watching this film. It is well done, and a gem. I remember the scene when Jami Gertz is brushing her hair and she realizes what is happening to her in the hospital. It is a powerful scene that simply will not leave my memory. When an image leaves an imprint in one's memory, then you know you have come across a great film.