IMDb > Teen Witch (1989) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 5 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

80's fantasy classic

Author: GQchaldo92 from United States
4 May 2006

when i first saw this movie on Disney channel it was my favorite movie of all time then it stopped coming on, and i looked everywhere to find it but then one day it was on TV and i taped it so i watched it again after six years. so anyone out there u have to watch this movie It is so good! they have to make a teen witch 2 or a tribute to it again or i will be really mad even know this movie is not very popular and no one really knows about it, it is still one of my favorite movies. the funny thing is, is that they don't even sell this movie in the stores its like its not even real. every time i go to stores to buy it they so no we don't have it. my favorite people in the movie are Serena and Richie they are so funny. Richie is such a pig and i love when Serena makes her weird foods.

P.S Louise is hot.

It was excellent

Author: aj-74 from united states
12 October 1999

I thought this movie was excellent. Robin Lively and Dan Gauthier have excellent chemistry together and make a great team. The way Robin Lively portrayed a misfit in school at the beginning and then the most popular girl in school was wonderful. She was simply amazing in the role of the girl who wanted to fit in, but found out fitting in isn't always the most important thing in high school.

Bad, but awesome at the same time

Author: XaXcookieXmonsterX from Uruguay
5 December 2014

This is one of those movies that is bad, but good at it. The genre would be supernatural teen comedy, and the plot can be described as "highschool looser becomes an 80's Cinderella, because she's actually a witch" to save us some time.

This is not a matter of lack of realism ("witch" is in the tittle, is just dumb to ask that), just a matter of a poor script and lousy execution.

The ultra cheesy, badly acted, awfully written moments are hilarious and you end up loving it. Did I mentioned this has some musical numbers? A locker-room packed with uncoordinated cheerleaders that bounce around singing the stupid but extremely catchy "I like boys", and the memorable out of sync rap battle "Top that".

If you like to laugh at bad movies, this one doesn't disappoint. I've seen this 5 times since i came across a VHS copy in the 90's, and it never stops being funny.

This movie was great!

Author: xsugaryxsweetnessx from United States
2 April 2007

This is one of my favorite movies. It is a cute 80's movie that includes some hilarious witchcraft - along with an important message. Louise is not very popular and only has one friend, Polly. On a stormy night, Louise gets a palm reading by Madame Serena. It turns out that Louise is a witch and she will receive her powers on her 16th birthday. Louise uses her powers to become change her look, popular, and win the heart of Brad, the school heartthrob. In the end, Louise decides that she does not want to "force" Brad to like her through magic, that being herself is good enough, and that being popular is not all its cracked up to be. This is a great theme and it works well in this cute movie.

A happy teen movie.

Author: locomo11357 from Dallas, Tx
4 November 2000

I thought Teen Witch really was well thought out. It shows how high school is with the different clicks. A young girl who breaks out of the ordinary and evolves into a lovely young lady. She gets revenge on the snotty cheerleading crowd, and gets her football hero hunk. This movie I feel is motivational to all out there who think they are less than perfect. It shows that if you put your mind to it anything can happen for the better. I think Robin Lively did a great job.

Using Magic To Get Someone.

Author: Bela-12 from Hayward, Ca
30 June 1999

This movie is about a geeky girl who has crush on a hunk at school. She has no way to get him but to use black magic. The black magic works and she gets the guy. At the end the guy likes her just for her not because of the magic. If you have a crush on a popular hunk at school, I suggest you watch this movie. The beginning of the movie is the best because it shows the guy chasing after her like she's the goddess or something.

CHEESE

Author: dangera from USA
31 May 1999

This has gotta be one of the cheesiest films I have ever seen. How can anyone compare it to Monster Squad? Come on! It was really shallow and stereotypical. High Schools are not about running around singing about how "popular" you are. Or about cheerleaders singing about boys in the locker rooms. "Like gag me with a spoon."

Teen Witch

Author: Tim Cox from Marietta, OH
15 March 1999

Sweet Louise uses unearthly powers to land the guys she wants...but does he really love her? Why is it that just about every movie in the 1980's had this fascination with making romantic comedies out of monsters and witches. (Teen Wolf, Teen Wolf Too! and this film) I don't get it. In either case, this film is much like the other two mentioned. Nothing too exciting. Only Shelley Berman, in a small role, generates the few laughs this film is worthy of.

The kind of movie that makes me embarrassed to say I grew up in the 80s

Author: Cinema_Lover from Fairfield, Iowa
28 August 2004

I grew up in the 80s. I'm 29 years old today and I turned 14 in 1989 during the year this silly, campy film came out. I don't remember this movie coming out in the theaters or at Blockbuster Video back in 1989. In fact I had never heard of it and Robyn Lively (she was a great low grade late 80s teen star) is the only recognizable name here for me. I caught it on TV recently and it was like watching a train wreck that I couldn't take my eyes off of. This film about a teen witch played by the lovely Robyn Lively seems like a real caricature of the 80s, and doesn't capture the late 80s well at all. I was embarrassed as hell watching this cheesy flick. The movie looks like it was filmed earlier then 1989, like perhaps 1986 or 1987. Who the hell was still wearing those cheesy bandannas in 1989? Yuck. The loud and campy fashions are atrocious here. Why is it that I'll watch some kid movies from the late 80s and it gels from how I remember it generally being in real life during the actual 80s like The Wizard, Big, License to Drive, and the great The Lost Boys? Even the TV shows I remember from back then got it right like Full House and Growing Pains. But then I'll watch something like Teen Witch and just think, "WTF were we thinking walking around dressed like that?" A lot of the more gaudy pre-1995 fashions leave that taste in my mouth.

Forget the stupid plot of this film, just sit back and have a good laugh by looking at the some of worst of the 80s. The garish fashions are just gross, and you'll feel the need to take a bath after a Teen Witch viewing.

Possibly the most scary and gruesome movie of all time...

Author: JCrewPsycho1980 from Houston
5 July 2003

I know that the rating is PG-13 but it should have gotten an NC-17. What was the MPAA thinking? The acting alone will make you disgorge your lunch and the fact that someone compared this to the Craft, haha.... Actually in all seriousness this movie has elements of Citizen Kane and Nightmare on Elmstreet. How Robyn Lively's charisma and stunning looks didn't make her a huge star is a mystery to me and all of the other 500 people who saw this insanely wild and bloody movie. "Geez, Louise, what did you do, trip her?" When you hear this line said with ridiculous poise by the girl who plays Polly, you just know that you're in for something special. Lucio Fulci's Zombi has nothing on this movie people. And Dan Gauthier or whatever his name is should have been the next Tom Cruise with his "too cool for school" attitude. I dug this guy. It also has the kid from Near Dark. H-o-m-e-r pronounced Homer... Yes, this is a genre fan's dream.

Page 5 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]