IMDb > Teen Witch (1989) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 2 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

A fantastic example of an 80's teen flick

Author: Meredith-7 from Melbourne, Australia
19 May 1999

Teen Witch is a fantastic example of an 80's teen flick. Growing up in the eighties was a lot of fun because there were films like this!. Yes, they can be predictable at times, and if scrutinised carefully there are some glaring errors. eg. If Kiki broke her leg during play rehearsal, then how come she was fine by the time of the school prom? Not that much time had passed. But who cares. This is a film you should take at face value, the music is boppy, the clothes are typically late eighties and most importantly the characters are likeable. I especially liked her best friend- she was great, and she appeared in what I think is the most memorable part of the film. The "top that" scene. Why don't they make more films like this? They are perfect for the teen market and are, in my opinion better than the likes of Sabrina the teenage witch. At least Teen Witch has some underlying moral messages which we should all remember once in a while. All in all a lightweight but entertaining film.

cheesy CHEESY fun

Author: primrosemoon from FL
19 June 2000

This is THE CHEESIEST '80s movie you will EVER see and that's why it's so fun to watch. I mean, it's just horrible! Especially that way cool "I like boys!" song. And who can forget Kiki singing "Top that, top that..." All I can say is that if you're bored and this movie comes on the Disney channel, get ready to laugh hysterically and be glad the'80s are over.

Cheesy Goodness

Author: Manhog from Berkeley, CA
11 April 2000

I thought the rap battle was the highlight of the film. The movie and characters treat the horrible white rappers so seriously that I just bust out laughing. This is not a quality film, but it is a fun film to ridicule, if you enjoy that sort of thing.

Cute, Harmless fun...

Author: AragornsQueen from Cape Town, South Africa
5 April 2002

This is a movie i will remember for a long time. Great soppy teenage fantasies are the object of the storyline, and when i was in the "teen phase" this movie fullfilled all my day-dreams! Loved Brad!

SO bad, its HILARIOUS

Author: soonershep90 from Oklahoma
27 June 2004

This movie is so bad, but made out to be so serious that it made me almost pee my pants! The highlight of the movie is the rap-off scene between Kiki and her crush who's "too funky" for her to talk to. "Top That" had me rolling! The cheesy lighthouse scene was equally as bad, as is the opening scene in Louise's dream on the roof! I even downloaded "Most Popular Girl" for memories, when the movie stopped being played on the Disney Channel. The acting is subpar, and so is the plot, but its so unintentionally funny that it rocks! This is a fun movie to watch and make fun of, but not to take seriously, or you'll only be disappointed! A good movie to watch with friends who want to reminisce about the 80s.

What Is This???

Author: gavin6942 from United States
12 March 2015

Louise Miller (Robyn Lively) is not very popular at her high school. Then she learns that she is descended from the witches of Salem and has inherited their powers.

First, what is up with that little brother (Joshua John Miller)? He is a terrifying mutant and it is hard to tell exactly what he is going for with those faces and voices. Oh my. And then there is the Rob Lowe joke, which is even funnier now (2015) than it was then (1989), given Lowe's departure from fame and triumphant return.

Somehow, despite losing millions of dollars at the box office, this has gone on to be a cult classic (allegedly) and there is a musical adaptation. Who is in this cult? But the musical makes sense, as there are a number of song and dance numbers that could be easily adapted. The film is not completely horrible, just somehow a bit off.

You can't top this movie

Author: yestesfa from United States
25 September 2014

Although this movie was very cheesy, I fell in love with it. I loved how Louse Miller becomes popular after learning she's a witch on her 16th birthday. It was a hilarious movie and I love the clothes the actors wear throughout the movie. It was also very cute because she falls in love with the most popular guy at school. The songs in the movie were cheesy, but they were also very catchy. The "Top This" rap battle was the best part of the film. The cheesy "I Like Boys" scene in the girls' locker room was kind of stupid, but extremely catchy. The movie was also very fun to watch. I honestly have watched this movie over 20 times. If you love everything 80s, you've got to watch this movie!

"I wanna be the most popular girl".

Author: jjstratford from monaco
13 July 2003

Its incredible that a movie like Teen Witch was made and I thank the spirit world for allowing it to happen. Check out this recipe for the movies magic potion: Brad the Rad? Top That ! (a spell put on to make a girl do bad rap)? Turning a snotty little brother into a Dog? Revenge on popular people? and a musical sensation bit about being the most popular girl.

Lousie Miller, you're a dog!

"You're too lazy to even cover your roots"

Author: (jennifer@betanow.com)
8 June 2000

Teen Witch rocked! The first time I saw it was when a foster child at my mothers foster home brought it with her things. We watched that movie everyday. The movie is pure cheese, but that is what makes it fun. The songs are like singing along with that bouncy ball on mighty mouse episodes. Robyn Lively is plays Louise perfect, and one of the popular girls (Sean) was in Can't buy me love! Two weird things about the movie were how her brother was always like grunting when he talked, and Louise had an obsession with saying Brad's name. Later Kiki

One of my fave childhood films

Author: Eugenia Brown from United States
1 August 2015

Great nostalgic movie that I introduced to my own children years later and they happened to love it just as much as I did when I was a child at their age. Timeless! A great film for girls ages 5-17. The film teaches girls of all ages that popularity isn't everything. That your tries friends are what's most important and that genuine love is al that matters. It teaches that the only people you need in life are the ones that want to be there, not the ones you have to force. Great film, funny, interested with a moral plot. The plot was a typical teenage plot with the heartthrob and the googly eyed girl vying for his attention, but with a magical twist. This movie easily qualifies as a classic.

Page 2 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]