A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child

A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child More at IMDbPro »A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child (original title)

Page 11 of 24: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

Hmmmm...

Author: FredKruegerFan1 (brendan@chicagonet.net) from *
3 August 2003

Well, I think this was good. But, I have some problems... Freddy has become Mr. Funny Man when Wes Craven ment him to be evil and scary. Plus, I think it could of sone alittle better. But besides that, it was awesome. I was totally grossed out by Gretta and Dan's deaths, and Alice was great. See it once, and if you're not happy with it, put it away. But this is my list of the movies from greatest to worst: 1,7,3,4,5,6,2 Enjoy!

The Dream Child

Author: Gunnar Friðrik Eðvarðsson from Reykjavík, Iceland
21 June 2003

A sequel of the fourth movie. Now Alice is graduating High School. She has gained whole new friends because all her other friends died. Weird. She is with her boyfriend Dan. They are both planning to go overseas after graduation. The night before graduation Alice has a terrible nightmare about Freddy´s birth and how the prisoners raped his mother ( see film three). Suddenly Freddy is back and she is very scared. The same day she finds that out Dan dies and she is pregnant and thinks that Freddy is going to do something to the baby as well as hurting the rest of her friends which he does. This film like 3 and 4 is okay. The cinematography is awesome, the special effects are good etc but this film has pratically no scares at all and is more like an action flick and coming of age story. 5/10.

Not for pregnant mothers

Author: Mika Pykäläaho (bygis80@hotmail.com) from Järvenpää, Finland
9 June 2003

This is the fifth time little girls are playing their games and singing that same old nasty song about Freddy. Don't get me wrong I think all of the sequels have been quite successful in various different ways but the truth is that after part two the series was no longer scary and there could and should be at least little more of those new fresh ideas to keep things cooking. Naturally gore effects are more and more disgusting and there's a couple of minor plot changes with every new movie (for example this time Freddy tries to get inside the dreams of Alice's unborn baby boy) but that's just about it. I don't suggest "A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child" to pregnant mothers but Freddy-freaks will love to see the evil wisecracking maniac skateboarding and hunting new souls. If you didn't even like the previous visits to Elm Street coffee won't keep you up: this is a perfect medicine for insomnia no matter what they say about the dangers of dreaming.

No match up to four.SPOILER!

Author: schauweckerpsx from Org.
8 June 2003

SPOILER! A Nightmare on elm st. 5, is no match against four. The story basically tells us things that we already found out about in the third one. The best thing about this one is that Lisa Wilcox got to live. Which is very fair. She was too strong to die. Just like Nancy in the first Nightmare. All and all o.k.

BETTER

Author: (swannyswan)
7 May 2003

dream child is better than dream master, at least this film has a dark tone to it, the freddy mythology is back into play, however, it flies against series establishments, what we learn of amanda in part III, the local, but hey, it is darker than 4, which is good, i am more afraid of freddy in this one than the previous, but yeah i laugh at him a lot too. the film tries to have a plot, which it doesn't completely fail at, super freddy is more gay than anything thrown at us in the 2nd, for the "2nd half" of the series the strongest entry, opening rocks - opening with alice, very nice... the thing in the tower with amanda is freaky, very dark, nicely shot and lit, well acted, as always can't hold a candle to the original or new nightmare, but fun, and kinda freaky

series rating 6/10

It's a bad movie!

Author: Darth_Voorhees from Chicagoland Area
7 March 2003

Freddy has completely transformed from an icon of terror,into a Adam Sandler dressed up like a killer. Lisa Wilcox manages to save this movie a bit,with a good performance. But the plot is so dumb! It had a promising idea,but turned bad,in the first half hour. I expected Englund to save it a bit,but he's more like a,as I said before a Adam Sandler. Full of really bad one liners,that get tiresome. But it did have some really good nightmare scenes.I loved the comic book one. Yet the good can't make up for the bad. One last thing the make-up job for Freddy was terrible ruined half the movie for me.

Sadly it sucked,do not rent it,only if you need it to complete the series. Never ever buy it!

0.5/5

An OK effort, but the worst in the series

Author: mattymatt4ever from Jersey City, NJ
7 March 2003

I didn't enjoy this movie as much as I did the other "Nightmare" flicks. The story, quite simply, didn't intrigue me. The characters are uninteresting, and the guy who plays the comic book artist is a terrible actor. There are some fun nightmare sequences, but no really memorable ones.

My score: 5 (out of 10)

Nightmare on your TV

Author: Ben "The Hound" Davolls from London, England
23 January 2003

OK, For Christmas I got the Freddy Box Set on DVD. Cool I thought. I haven't seen any of these in a while. The one I watched yesterday was this one. Talk about confused. I can imagine the executives faces when they got the call.

"John, its Peter" "Hi John" "Were gonna make another Freddy movie, and we need a plot" "Peter, for gods sake, we got on ok without on in the last three!"

And so it begins.

Some of the scenes had my mouth literally hanging open in surprise at how the producers thought we would just lap it up. Its a little gorier than 3 & 4, but lacks the punch of 1 or 2.

If you have seen the others and need this one to finish the set, then go for it. If you are a newbie to the Freddy thang, then catch them in the right order otherwise this one will leave you confused and a little sad that you didn't rent out "The Thing" instead.

Nine, Ten--Never Sleep Again! I Don't Know About You, But This Rhyme is Really Starting to Annoy Me!

Author: (robocoptng986127@aol.com) from U.S.A
1 January 2003

[CONTAINS SPOILERS]

After a night of making love, Alice Johnson takes a shower. Suddenly, water begins shooting out of the walls and the shower stall begins to fill up. Alice felt trapped, then suddenly she flew through the wall and found herself in a chapel tower surrounded by one hundred maniacs. She looked down and found herself wearing a nun's uniform, name tag read: Amanda Krueger. Freddy's mother! Suddenly, the doors all locked and the maniacs all closed in. Watch for Robert Englund without his Freddy face in this scene! Alice awakens in bed screaming; it was graduation day at school. Alice's friends Greta, Yvonne, Mark and Dan were there. Dan was going to be a football star, Greta was going to be a model. Her mother was constantly on her case about it and Mark was very much into comic books. After the ceremony, Alice followed a little girl to a tall, dark church. Once inside, she witnessed Amanda Krueger giving birth to a hideous demon child. Baby Freddy! He suddenly donned the red and green sweater and placed on the tattered hat. Freddy was back! The spirit of Amanda told Alice to find her in the tower but Freddy told Alice she'd never find her. Suddenly, Alice found herself in the diner where she worked. The odd thing was she wasn't asleep when witnessing Freddy! He must have found away to terrorize people while they're awake! She called Dan who was at the community swimming pool enjoying the party Yvonne was throwing there because she was trusted with the keys. When Dan heard Alice was in trouble, he jumped into his truck and raced away. Freddy appeared to be driving the truck and the result had Dan flying through the wind shield. He then found a motorcycle with keys! He jumped on and raced to the diner. Suddenly, the motorcycle turned into Freddy. Wires punctured Dan. Suddenly, Dan awakened still in his truck--which was headed right for an 18-wheeler. CRASH! It happened right outside the diner. Alice was distraught.

Alice was taken to the hospital where the doctors inform her she was pregnant; at Greta's house, her mother was throwing a dinner party and was nagging Greta about eating. Suddenly, Chef Freddy came in with a macabre platter and force-fed Greta. In real life, she appeared to be choking. She finally collapsed onto the table dead; Alice was confident Freddy had killed Greta so she told Yvonne and Mark. Yvonne thought Alice was nuts. Mark did some research on Freddy and he and Alice learned of his grisly past. Alice then learned that unborn babies could dream. That's how Freddy was performing his dirty work! Through the dreams of unborn Jacob. That was his name because Alice met her baby in the form of a little kid in her dreams. Jacob had sided with Freddy! What could they do? Mark suggested abortion but Alice would have nothing of it. Alice decided to go to sleep and defeat Krueger. She asked Mark to stay awake and watch her. Alice met with Yvonne in her dream and the two were nearly attacked by Freddy. Mark fell asleep and found himself in a comic book world. He turned into a super hero and destroyed Freddy, but he came back as a super hero and turned Mark into a piece of paper and shredded him. When Alice and Yvonne came to, they set out to find Amanda. Yvonne searched the chapel tower in the real world while Alice searched the one in the dream realm. Yvonne succeeded in finding Amanda's spirit who came to the rescue as Alice tried to procure Jacob from Freddy. Alice was able to release the souls of Freddy's victims from within him and soon, Jacob and Freddy were reduced to babies. Freddy was the hideous demon baby he was born as. Then Freddy and Jacob entered their mothers. Some months later, Jacob was born and Alice, Yvonne and Alice's father were so happy. But maybe, just maybe, Freddy Krueger wasn't really dead and may return someday. Maybe.

Interesting entry into the series, though not as good as 4, its still watchable! Robert Englund is back as Freddy and he also plays a maniac in the opening scene and Lisa Wilcox returns as Alice Johnson. This one is deemed the goriest of the Freddy movies. If you've seen it, you'll see what I mean. They also tried to make Freddy seem more serious in this one because the filmmakers thought they made Nightmare on Elm Street 4 seem too campy, but I thought it was pretty good. In conclusion, Nightmare fans, I recommend A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child!

Grim 'Elm Street' sequel

Author: Michael Pilkington (mjpilkington@yahoo.com) from Richmond, CA
28 December 2002

The sole survivor (Lisa Wilcox) from the last installment is pregnant with her boyfriend's (Danny Hassel) child, but she starts to have dreams of Freddy (Robert Englund) as he returns from the dead to use the dreams of her unborn to kill off more of her friends. Grim sequel suffers from amateurish performances and weak script, but some cool special effects rescue this one. My evaluation: ** out of ****.