IMDb > Mother, Mother (1989) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Mother, Mother More at IMDbPro »

I laughed, I cried

Author: Brian Nelson from Sacramento, CA
27 January 2001

I am lucky enough to own a copy of this film, and as such I have watched it about a dozen times. Whenever I want to remember how special I am to have the mother I have, or the friends I have, I plop it in. And then I cry. So, yes, I also watch it whenever I want to have a good cry. I mean, a GOOD GOOD cry.

The acting is first rate. The directing is wonderful. And, although it is very short, it packs just the right amount of whollup into its brief existence.

I recommend it highly and without reservation to all: mothers, sons, daughters, and fathers.

Film comment with spoiler attached

Author: studmufn from Rochester, New York
6 September 1999

A very good film that deals with the controversial issues of AIDS and parents who refuse acknowledgment of their gay children. My only complaint about the film was that it was too short. An hour-long film, in my opinion would have been better. This would have allowed for more in-depth study of the characters.

I gave this film such a high rating because I felt that the story line itself was very good and the actors were exceptional in their performances.