IMDb > Marrakech Express (1989) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Marrakech Express More at IMDbPro »

What is friendly?

Author: nexus23 from Italy
22 April 2005

My father always said to me : " Friendly doesn't exist " . Watching this movie you can get an idea of what friendly is , an union , a short moment thinking to make great things with others , feeling an adventure as when we were kids or students . All actors made a good job by interpreting the different parts of individual masks and human behaviors . Also it can be voted as road movie , a classic review of what Salvatores figured in a transposition of Kerouac's book and state of mind , although Marrakech Express is in a primitive state of "on the road" mind , compared to the beat generation bible . The ending scene is an answer to my initial sentence , personally , i add , it does exist but it is not as you can always figure out .

One of the best film I have ever seen

Author: agyanez (agyanez@iol.it) from Italy
27 September 2002

I think this is the best film of Salvatores, better than Mediterraneo too. It always considered Marakech Express a film full of poetry and I feel joy and melancholy every time I watch it. This films seems to tell us that, in spite of time which goes by, it is always possible to live again feelings of our youth, if we really want it.

A wonder picture about man's friendship

Author: Cesco Boss (francescoilaria@libero.it) from Portofino, Italy
25 March 2002

A group of (four) old friends have to help one of them which, run away in marrakech many years before, sent them a mysterious message. Since they were friends, four man's stories are changed and they are forced to start to Africa. But while journey they discover that friendship maybe is still alive and it is better than money, education, career. The soccer match that friends play against desert nomads is unforgettable. A surprise with sweet sadness for the final.