The Little Mermaid (1989)
- The most noteworthy change is that the infamous priest's knee has been smoothed out the first time it is seen. (For those who prefer accuracy, poke around disc 2 a little bit and see if you find some consolation.)
- A few goofs have been corrected: the "bubble curtain" before "Daughters of Triton" is smoother and as Ariel and Eric begin their day out Grimsby's hand has been covered by Carlotta. Ariel's sisters' clam shells for their song are discolored a light green instead of light blue.
- The end credits are sped up to contain restoration credits. What has not changed:
- The original movie has some computer-generated elements (such as the ship and a staircase Ariel runs down); these are not new, and have been in the movie from its first release.
- While the 1997-1998 re-release used a shorter version of "Under the Sea", followed by Ariel singing "Part of Your World", the original version (and the 2006 DVD) feature a slightly longer "Under the Sea" and a wordless choral arrangement of "Part of Your World," so the audio for the end credits is faithful to the original.
- The original 1985 Walt Disney Pictures logo was replaced by the 2011 Disney logo.
- The opening scene fades in a few seconds earlier than any other version.
- The opening credits were starting earlier than any other version, and the Silver Screen Partners IV credit was omitted in this release.
- The dissolve from "you really are a guppy" to Scuttle's first scene is cut short. This was corrected and an exchange program was created to replace the Blu-ray/DVD discs with the mistake.
- Two shots at the end of "Part of Your World" scene were in the wrong order: Ariel should sink before the reaction shot of Flounder. This was corrected and an exchange program was created to replace Blu-ray/DVD discs with the mistake.
- The end credits contain the 3D conversion credits. The overall length and audio content generally seems the same as the original. A few previous changes from the 2006 DVD have been undone and reflect the film's original look:
- Ariel's sisters' clam shells from "Daughters of Triton" return to their blue color.
- Grimsby's hand when Ariel and Eric start their tour of the kingdom is once again visible in front of Carlotta (this is actually an animation goof, since it should be obscured by her).
- This was a goof from 1989 that was corrected in any other version, but when Eric and Ariel dive off giant Ursula and jumped in the water, there's the film tear in the top right corner.