IMDb > The Women on the Roof (1989) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Women on the Roof More at IMDbPro »Kvinnorna på taket (original title)

The plot is a mystery

Author: AKS-6 from Sweden
29 April 2000

"Kvinnorna på taket" is a slow-paced Swedish drama about… well, that's my main objection against this film: what *is* it about? Don't ask me although I've just seen it. Even though you might be confused about the plot for most of the film, most of what happens will be explained the last ten minutes or so, but as I said: the plot is -- according to me -- a mystery. Nevertheless, it is a beautiful fim, and the three actors Amanda Ooms, Helena Bergström (interesting to see her in such an early role), and Stellan Skarsgård do wonderful jobs, and it *is* strangely engrossing. However, for me it is only an average film, while the acting truly is brilliant.

exquisite...

Author: Ewa Magdalena Wdzieczak from Elmira, New York, USA
8 January 2000

... there are not too many films I choose this adjective for, but this one deserves it wholeheartedly. The director happened to be a son of Sven, who collaborated with Bergman on many occasions... and if you tell me there is no influence of his work in "Women...' I'd be flabbergasted. This film has never been released in US, and the only way you can receive a copy is through your (should you have any) European connections. (Thanks to Swedish TV here.) Your research will be reimbursed by experiencing a visual catharsis. If you disagree, please feel obliged to contact me.