IMDb > Just Another Secret (1989) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Just Another Secret (TV) More at IMDbPro »

The Deceiver

Author: hendriks14 from Netherlands
6 February 2010

Based on the incident which started WW II (German officers dressing up as Polish border troops and causing an incident), this spy-thriller is quite entertaining.

Sam MacReady is played by Alan Howard (featured in Forsyth's book The Deceiver). It is the start of a series of films in which Howard is the instigator / motivator of the action.

It is true to the book, whilst not being an actual chapter of the work, which leads me to wonder whether this was an original screenplay, or whether the book came about later.

A shame this hasn't had a decent release on DVD yet. Region 2 that is.

Surprisingly Good TV Movie.

Author: Welshfilmfan from Cardiff, Wales
4 February 2009

I received 'Just another Secret (1989)' free in a copy of a daily newspaper, and I'd never heard of it or The Freddy Forsyth Book on which it is based, and having checked IMDb and noticed that nobody has commented on it and very few have rated it so needless to say I didn't have high expectations when I Popped it into my DVD player,

I was expecting a terrible movie, but that wasn't what I got, it wasn't great, but not too bad either - on the whole it's a typical TV Movie from the late 80's on the dying days of the Cold War, It stars Beau Bridges as Jack Grant a CIA Agent whose persuaded to go undercover in Communist East Berlin to investigate the disappearance of CIA operatives in the State - When Jack gets there he soon finds out that there is a conspiracy to plunge the World into a far deeper Cold War....

Produced by LWT for UK Channel ITV, this is filled with familiar looking British Actors who you can't put a name to..

All in All a pretty good TVM, Which isn't too bad if your expectations are low.