IMDb > Gross Anatomy (1989) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]

A disappointment

Author: slater74
23 February 2005

I was studying medicine in France when I saw this movie and was very disappointed. The characters were one-dimensioned and therefore, I couldn't feel sympathy for any one of them. Plus, many scenes were hard to swallow. Exhibit 1: One of the characters take too much amphetamine, so he collapses during an anatomy class then ... gets well a few minutes after !? Come on! I've seen people that took too much amphetamine, they were hospitalized for weeks, even months, and that wasn't a pretty sight. Exhibit 2: First years students are able to help a woman give birth in a coffee shop (I'm not sure it was a coffee shop, it's been a long time since I saw this movie). Exhibit 3: The main character who hadn't studied much for all the year win his final exam (If memory serves, he even get a better mark than his friends), although he could not sleep the night before (he almost arrives ate) and learned about one of his teachers' death when he entered the exam room, two factors that could prevent anyone to be in the good state of mind for winning an exam. This movie was a huge disappointment and I didn't like it at all.

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]