IMDb > Fright Night Part 2 (1988) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 7 of 9: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Fright Night 2

Author: richard-wheeler from Gauteng, South Africa
12 July 2003

A little different to the first, because, the female big mouth vampire is dead and gone!

This movie is filled with spooky stuff, and gruesome things too.

The sickest part was when the female vampire's skull melted with her skin, and when the guy was being drained by the female vampire, her teeth grew long , and her eye colour changed, I jumped when I saw that!

The creepiest part was when the girl was being followed around by a vampire, suddenly she drops her books, and while she was picking then up, and then she noticed a person on roller blades coming towards her!

There was dumb part in this movie, the pretends that he's a vampire, and suddenly he was punched in the face! I laughed when I saw that, I WASN'T SCARED!!!!!!!!!

Everything falls into place inthis movie, and goes pretty well, but some parts let this movie down.

isnt that bad

Author: the_last_shadow_2000 from USA
21 April 2002

This movie was pretty good even though it compared nothing to the original because the original is the one of my favorite horror movies ever. I guess you could say that this movie had better special effects and an okay storyline... but the villains of this movie were really stupid and didn't really make any sense... but what about Roddy McDowell, is he great or what... out of ten, i give this movie an eight!!!

An 0.K. sequel

Author: Jesse-45 from Florida
5 June 2000

This is the sequel to one of my all-time favorite horror films and it was an O.K. sequel. It was not as good as I had remembered, when I bought it just a few months ago. But it's still a great vampire movie, with special make-up effects that equal that of the first film, and the picture quality is alike the first. Still, I must say the nutty vampire was funny, but not as memorable as Evil Ed's contribution to the horror franchise's comic relief. Overall this one's very entertaining, atmospheric and moody, also very freaky, but not as good as Part 1.

Not as good as the first, but pretty good.

Author: buffy2128
27 May 2000

No contest, the original Fright Night is by far the best vampire movie ever, but Fright Night part 2 isn't bad. All the characters are great. In my opinion, it would have been better with Amy instead of Alex, but she made the movie good. Making Jerry's sister the main vampire was a great idea. I would rate this movie a 7 out of 10.

GOOD SEQUEL!!

Author: psycho_153
25 December 1999

i didn't find Fright Night 1 or 2 terribly good. But they are okay vampire movies. Fright Night 2 is virtually the same plot as the first but in my opinion I think it was better. Maybe the better effects, better makeup better filming equipment made the atmosphere of the movie better. I liked the roller skating vampire scene and the limo driver. A pretty good vampire flick, but not a great horror flick.

not as good as the first, but fun

Author: IkeReece
14 October 1999

Okay, this movie was pretty good, but not nearly as smart or scary as the first.

The new girlfriend should have died. I watched this movie with some friends, and we spent a long time arguing weather the roller skating vampire was a male or female. (Roller skates!? Are they kidding? Well, at least it wasn't a skate board). I wish the plot twist involving Regine revealing she was Jerry Dandridge's sister would have been developed more. That was one of the best parts of the movie where she confronts Peter Vincent. The werewolf/vampire that stalks Alex throughout the whole movie was really stupid and neither scary nor funny.

A worthy sequel.

Author: JMG-2 from Miami Beach, FL
17 September 1999

"Fright Night Part II" was just as good as the first movie at least to me. The movie had a lot of comedy elements to it and some pretty nice twists. I loved how Peter Vincent reacted when he found out that another Vampire was around and that she is none other than Jerry Dandrige's sister.

The movie was still pretty good although Evil Ed(Stephen Geoffrey's)is missing it would've been cool if he would've appeared. The characters are all cool Charley is a bit more mature now and Peter is as great as ever Charley's new girlfriend is hot and the werewolf who is stalking her most of the time is pretty funny. If you're a fan of the first then I reccomend you too not let this one pass you by.

more comedy than horror

Author: MEXX-3 from netherlands
7 August 1999

It's a funny movie but it's no horror maybe because i am a real horror fan of movie's like wishmaster,the mangler and many more. but it was still fun because of the comedy if that was not there it won't be so nice like it's now. i did not see part one i still need to see that one they say that that one is better so i rent that one next time. and the special effects are real good too.

More Funny than Freaky

Author: Bounty Huntress from Canada
11 March 1999

This movie was, if you excuse the expression, a scream! I was doubled over laughing in some scenes. Black comedy and a bit of horror, the perfect combination! People who liked the first movie will love the second!

If you loved the first, you'll like this one.

Author: EvilEd from Philly/NJ
15 January 1999

This movie is cool man, not as good as the first but so few sequels are, i think the weak point of it lies in the new completely unscary villain, Regine. She's incredibly lame. The only cool part of the bad guys is the gang that follows her around, the limo driver and werewolf are cool, but the michael jackson guy on roller skates has to go. Anyway, it's worth a watch, especially if you love these characters. I only wish Stephen Geoffreys had passed up 976-Evil to come back for this one.

Page 7 of 9: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]