- When Whitley (Christopher Walken) visits Dr. Freidman (Basil Hoffman), he describes the visitors while watching a salamander frolic in the physician's aquarium.
- When Whitley's Russian friend Alex (Andreas Katsulas) finds Whitley in the diner, he tells Whitley that as a child in his native country he heard stories of small beings who lived in the mines, called Kobals. He tells Whitley he believes these stories are true;
- On the "ship," Whitley dances with the blue boys after they exchange greetings (immediately before the "magic show");
- Upon the roof of their apartment building, the stars in the sky do NOT momentarily appear to resemble the face of a visitor, as they do in the theatrical/cabletv/video version;
- The end credits roll over a night time aerial shot of the Strieber family standing on the shore with New York City behind them.