IMDb > C.H.U.D. II: Bud the Chud (1989) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

"This Chud's for you."

Author: Backlash007 from Kentucky
3 September 2002

Having nothing to do with the original, C.H.U.D II is a sequel in name only. Take everything you remember about the original C.H.U.D...and throw it out the window. This is more like a zombie spoof. I mean, our hero is the guy from Head of the Class and Bud the Chud gets his own theme song. So it goes without saying that this is not quite a classic. It's also incredibly ridiculous and stupid. Despite all of this, I like it. It's an enjoyable 80's horror/comedy because it's very similar to, although not nearly as good as, Night of the Creeps (which is a GREAT horror/comedy). Understand me, I'm not saying Chud II is a good movie (I've seen far better, and far worse), I'm just saying that it's definitely entertaining and delivers quite a few laughs. If you're in to camp, get chudified.

Note for genre buffs: Robert Englund walks across the screen in a minor cameo.

Fantastic

Author: Bud the chud from Birmingham, UK
13 May 2002

This Film is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. It has a great cast, with Robert Vaughn putting in a career best with the character Masters. He plays a slightly crazy, Frankenstein type role, believing the c.h.u.d.s to be fantastic, and trying to carry on with his military operation. This performance is only matched by Gerrit Graham who plays the lead zombie Bud. His zombie walk is excellent, and has many cool lines to say "Eat them up, Eat them up, YUM, YUM, YUM!" This film is a bit of a "Day of the Dead" rip off, either having cleaver zombies called `Bud' or "Bub". However as it is going to emulate a film as good as Day of the Dead, at least it does it well, with lots of comedy moments. Check out Cameos by comedian Rich Hall, Bianca Jagger and Freddy's Robert England. Also the lead student played by Brian Robbins, has gone on to be a direct Varsity Blues and other films. This is a must see for all Zombie fans, and everyone else should just watch it for Masters' witty snide remarks. 10/10

80's cheese...but good.

Author: moulinrye from Long Island, New York
1 May 2004

Okay so this film is not the best movie in the world, but it's not the worst either.

C.H.U.D. II is a fun 80's movie. I picked it up since I love Zombie movies, and I wanted to see Brian Robbins(Head Of the Class)in the film. Most people seem to hate it...but I look at it as a B movie, and nothing more. If you like the 80's and can look past the script then go ahead and rent it.(If you can find it)

But the best part, which is the funniest comes when *SPOILER ALERT* Katie puts on her bathing suit at the High school. I don't know if it was me but it was the oddest looking one I ever have seen. Plus with the front so low I wonder how she was able to wear it in gym class?

A Cult Classic!

Author: moviefiend-1 from UK
12 October 2004

awww man, i can't believe i found this film again.

i remember back when i was around 10, this film was on TV over in the UK i never saw it all but i always remember the final swimming pool scene, it kinda scared me at the time and i always remembered the CHUD name. So imagine my surprise when recently i searched through amazon and came across CHUD II on DVD for a measly £3, i couldn't resist. What i didn't know was that the film i was getting was the one i'd seen all them years ago, i thought it was sequel to what i had seen.

This is a great film, it ain't gonna appeal to everyone but if anyone loved cheesy 80's movie horror film this is a must-see, it's actually more of a comedy than a horror, but there's zombies in it so i guess it's a horror.

The star of the film is Bud, the main CHUD zombie you get caught on his quest to find the love of his life, Katie. He munches on a lot of people along the way and finally confronts her in the final scenes, which is actually quite sad and almost brought a tear to my eye (no s**t).

If anyone's up for a good laugh and loves zombies get this film, it's great entertainment and funny as hell, all the people on here who voted this a '1' need to lighten and start to enjoy life, cause this was some funny s**t.

The only gripe i have is the movie's lack of gore, if they'd totally bloodied this up and made it a bit more hardcore this would be amazing.

GET IT!

Not as bad as everyone says

Author: duce122 from United States
14 July 1999

Okay, so this wasn't "Night of the Living Dead." It was not a great film, but nowhere near as horrendous as everyone says. Gerrit Graham made me giggle a few times as Bud the CHUD. While Brian Robbins, Bill Calvert, and Tricia Leigh Fisher aren't Oscar-winners, Robert Vaughn did a great job with an otherwise horrible script. I watched this on TV at 3 am and it kept me awake. Rent it if you have nothing better to do.

My rating: 4 out of 10

Comic Moments...

Author: Tim Cox from Marietta, OH
9 March 1999

A mix of horror and comedy make this sequel to the original one that stands superior to the original. While a poorly acted, written and directed film, as is the first one, the filmmakers decided to have a little fun with this and it shows. Graham plays Bud and has many snappy one-liners. A favorite: As Bud and his army make their move on the world, Bud points to a large group of people, looks over and howls..."Buffet!" Not a great film, but it does offer some simple laughs.

This is movie magic

Author: Pip Hodgkinson from United Kingdom
7 February 2003

CHUD 2 stands alone as one of the finest peices of american cinema made in the late eighties starring Robert Vaughn featuringing Canabolistic Humaniod Underground Dwellers! Yeah, yeah some people may be able to find flaws in this beautiful teen comedy but I like to think of it as a diamond amongst all the ex rental coal you'll see whilst digging this little gem out (Troll2 for example!pah "their eating her and then their going to eat me!" no such poor dialouge in CHUD!) Then theres the twist! who would have guessed that the teen who we follow throughout and ressurected the CHUD in his bathtub would finish the film a CHUD himself? not I but image my delight! Will we ever see a CHUD three instead of making sequals to no hopers like Jurrasic Park they surely could put a bit of money toward CHUD3? It wouldn't cost much and the script wouldn't be hard to hammer out! I would be delighted to see CHUDs stomping on the big screen once more..but I can't believe this got to any big screen before sadly. If you haven't seen it, don't. Just trust me, it's great! And give it 10/10 lets pump the rating of this movie above the 1.3 mark people.

A really horrible movie, but I liked it anyway.

Author: jeffthebarbarian from United States
15 April 2006

This movie is downright awful; it stinks. However, despite that fact, I really like it. I caught CHUD 2 on the sci-fi channel when I was in high school. Wow, I thought to myself, this is a horrific movie...horrifically bad. It's also hysterically funny. I think you have to be in the right frame of mind to watch this movie. Think slapstick (or perhaps slapstick as this is a horror movie...haha, get it?) with gore. Anyway, you have to be in the mood to enjoy corn and camp because this movie is chock full of it. The special effects are cheesy (like supermac from Kraft...the cheesiest there is) as is the dialog and acting. The best part...when the lead zombie literally takes out his heart to offer it to a girl. It's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on screen, but it's awesome. A literal translation for giving someone your heart. Don't miss the awful theme song (I want it as the ringer for my phone). This movie is so bad, but in a good way. Anyway, if you laughed at any of the jokes in this review (they were awful, I know), then you just might like the movie; they're both on about the same level.

It's not a sequel and it's not another C.H.U.D. movie. End of story.

Author: (Vomitron_G) from the Doomed Megalopolis of Blasphemous Technoids
15 August 2010

Well... many years ago, in all my naivety, I rented this one expecting a serious, scary and foul sequel to the original "C.H.U.D.", one of my 80's favorites (not even a guilty pleasure, mind you). After approximately 20 minutes I turned this turkey off, insulted and rather angry. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with the original (other than a very vague reference to the cannibalistic tendencies of the alleged Chuddies portrayed in this movie).

Now - the year of writing is 2007 - more than a decade later, with the right mindset and under the influence of a certain person, I decided to give this film another shot. This time determined to watched it all the way through. And, yes, it's totally retarded, but... still some fun and worth a few laughs. It's a pretty dumb horror-comedy that tries to be something like "Night Of The Creeps" or "Return Of The Living Dead, part 2". But it fails completely in being as good. If you like mind-numbingly stoopie horror-spoofs, you still might have some fun with it. Even I did, I'll admit that much. And the climax in the swimming pool was even quite amusing. But I still hold a grudge against it for nearly traumatizing me more than a decade ago. And in the end, it's not much better than, let's say, the zombieësque equivalent of an 80's slasher-spoof like "Killer Party". Hence my rating.

This movie is hysterical!

Author: hippiegal from Kansas City
9 August 2002

May contain spoilers

There's a weird feeling while watching this movie. It plays and feels like a spoof of bad 80's horror flicks(a.k.a. students bodies). Yet it's the real deal. CHUD 2 is the sort of movie you have to see just to believe with your own eyes how bad it is. Three teenagers kidnap a corpse from a disease center. He comes back to life(kinda), gets some stylish digs and starts munching on people. Once you become a CHUD you sport Halloween make up and develop bad teeth. I've never seen the fist CHUD movie so I can't make a statement on how valid that is compared to the first. Of course it's Halloween night so take a wild guess what happens from there. I don't know who's more entertaining to watch Gerrit Graham, Robert Vaughn or the poodle. Gerrit Graham is a delight to watch. Bud is a living cartoon character. He's a zombie monster, but he's likable and entertaining. It helps that Gerrit Graham looks like a real cartoon character who has come to life. ( or is it afterlife?)Robert Vaughn eats up so much scenery in this movie he probably should have gone on a diet after it was done filming. The General character spurts some of the most mind numbing dialogue I can think of. It's worst watching for the over the top acting. Yes even for Robert Vaughn it's over the top acting. Then we have the poodle. How could anybody not laugh at a movie with a ZOMBIE POODLE!The campfest meter goes off the scale. If some one's looking for a bad movie to poke fun of or need a good laugh. Then I highly recommend this movie. It's a good example why low budget teen horror flicks vanished for a while. As a horror movie -5 As a camp comedy 10

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]