IMDb > "Studio 5-B" (1989) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Studio 5-B" More at IMDbPro »

Studio 5B - underrated

Author: lynwen from United Kingdom
31 August 2005

When the BBC showed Studio 5B back in 1989, which was set in New York by the way and not Canada, I videoed the whole ten episodes and I still have those recordings to this day. Often the story lines were corny and there was a bit too much sentimentality about the 5B 'family' but I loved the show and still get pleasure from watching it all occasionally. I thought it was a shame that the American network cancelled the show after just ten episodes and I was glad the BBC broadcast the show. There was plenty of potential in the setting and many of the characters. It was good to see that two women, Wendy Crewson and Kerrie Keane, got top billing, which is not often seen. Their characters were also intelligent and educated. A show I will always remember with great pleasure.

St-st-studio!

Author: Buck Aroo from United Kingdom
23 August 2002

This short-lived series about a Canadian TV news channel starred Hill Street Blues actor Jeffrey Tambor, and Wendy Crewson among others, and was quite enjoyable to watch. It was just your basic soap opera, but in a different setting, as we followed the lives of the characters during each episode. It was shown in the U.K. during the late 1980s, and mysteriously disappeared after a few months, which makes me wonder why the BBC purchases TV series from abroad which have been quite clearly cancelled.