IMDb > "Quantum Leap" (1989) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 3 of 10: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

Excellent time travel series

Author: Dermot-6 from Ireland
24 July 2001

I am a big fan of Quantum Leap. I used to watch it when it came out first, without fail every Monday night. I loved the fact that Sam (Scott Bakula) could leap from one body to another and in any time, but only within his own lifetime.

Dean Stockwell who played Al was great as Sam's link to 1995. Unfortunately Sam doesn't make it back to 1995 and the ending of the series left me wondering what would become of Dr. Sam Beckett.

LISTEN UP HOLLYWOOD!!! This would make a great movie, as this series had and still has a lot of fans out there!

Truly amazing television

Author: Bob-785 from Darlington, England
28 November 2000

As a die hard fan of "Quantum Leap", I would find it difficult to believe that anyone would have a bad word to say about this show or its two main characters, Sam and Al.

The two stars, Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell, are brilliant and the characters they play are amazingly deep and complex.

I was literally in tears when the final episode was screened, partly because it was ending and partly because it was so poignant and well written.

The situations Sam finds himself in week after week were sometimes funny, sometimes moving, and always brilliant.

Definitely a televisual masterpiece.

QUANTUM LEAP will return!

Author: Alexander Hölzl (blacksunartists@hotmail.com) from Linz / AUSTRIA
4 June 1999

I'm a big fan of the tv-show, and the thing I must say, is, that it got better and better (I love the parts with the female leaper he loves and hates) and the part with Brooke Shields on the Island. Another question: Who knows, why they canceled the show?

Brilliant

Author: Blkbush
18 May 1999

Quantum Leap was one of the greatest Science Fiction series ever. A unique take on time travel, within the life of the "leaper" provided an endless supply of story lines. And not every story had to involve rich, powerful, or well-known people. So many stories could, and did, involve average Americans living their lives.

The best TV show ever made!

Author: David Lovell from Southampton, England
23 April 1999

A classic series, great scripts, great music scores, great acting, everything. A film just has to be made, if only to finish the series in its rightful place.

One of the best sci-fi series ever made!

Author: anonymous
18 December 1998

From the first time I came across Quantum Leap while 'channel surfing,' I was hooked from the moment Sam leapt in, till the second he leapt out again! This is definitely one of the best shows ever created - I have been a fan for 3 years and enjoy watching re-runs again and again!!

Excellent

Author: KD from Pennsylvania
1 November 1998

Quantum Leap was an excellent show which was funny at times, sad at other times but always entertaining. Each episode ended with your eager anticipation of the next show. Oh Boy!!

Well Produced But Science is Science Fiction

Author: DKosty123 from United States
13 September 2007

Donald P. Bellisario is an excellent quality TV producer. All of his shows have a unique production value & a quality look. This show is his best. I know JAG fans would not agree with me, but to me this show is true science fiction where JAG is a mixture of military & science fiction. To me the mixture is not as strong as the pure thing.

Interesting that this show starts in the desert with a science experiment of time travel. That is the same place it's ancient Irwin Allen relative, The Time Tunnel started. Donald P. Bellisario improves on the concept presented by Irwin Allen by actually making his time traveler (Quantum Leaper Scott Bakula) assume the roles of real people in the time he was transported too. This makes for better plotting, but the basic idea of being stuck in time & not being able to get back is the same premise used in Irwin Allen's show.

Bellisario enlists Dean Stockwell as a companion who seems to be able leap into all these times but since he can not usually been seen except by our leaper, he usually is just around to bug him & give him clues about where he is & what he is doing. In spite of all the publicity that Quantum Physics got from this show, it is entirely based upon science fiction.

In fact, if you watch the entire series, you learn more about history than science. The leaps are almost always into eras where something historic is going on & our main character is always being put into peril or is fumbling around trying to figure out just where he is. It is a good show though unfortunately it can not even be watched for history as very often the history is revised to fit out characters & the plot into the circumstances.

So you watch it for the Science Fiction & a good cast of regular actors & guest stars. It is very entertaining & to me much better than the higher rated & over hyped JAG Bellisario did later on CBS.

It was OK until i got it...

Author: dude-2 (smbika@aol.com) from Baltimore, MD USA
25 March 2009

I give it a 5 for this reason: Betrayal.

I loved the show until i figured out it was someone's descent into sci-fi sanctimony. I confess that I had always wondered just how history "went wrong" and I felt ashamed that it took me so long to get it. Sam did not correct what "somehow" went amiss in history - he corrected his messing it up in the first place. When he leapt back he immediately cause the problems recorded in Ziggy's memory banks which were in reality just a record of all of Sam's dalliances in the past. Later came the bastard notion of what caused it all, "the evil leaper" but what in reality was just Sam's innate god complex at work. Sam's leaps caused all of the problems which he went to solve and thus fueled his ego's assumed role of savior. Poor Sam. Lucky us that he fixed his messes. And the only thing which saved the show for me was the last episode which further propelled Sam into delusional god-hood. The portion where he fixed his worst mistake: Beth and Al - THAT made it all worthwhile. The part about the leaps getting harder and Sam choking up should have made me throw a tomato at the TV but since he restored the lives of Al and Beth, my 20" Bell+Howell color TV which I inherited from my Grandmother (rest her soul) was spared the assault. I see the show as the ultimate case of Munchhausen's Syndrome. Just call me House.

special

Author: Kirpianuscus from Romania
27 July 2017

a special Sci. Fi. not only for the time travels. but for the exploration of moral , historical, cultural lessons, for a seductive ifs, for the "chemistry" between Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell. like many series, it is not easy- or fair- to define the source of interest for it. but it is a smart, provocative, imaginative series. and this remains a precious virtue.

Page 3 of 10: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]