IMDb > "Live! with Kelly" (1988) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Live with Regis and Kathie Lee"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Live! with Kelly" More at IMDbPro »"Live with Regis and Kathie Lee" (original title)

Three Cheers for Kelly

Author: vancecheek from Tennessee
13 November 2002

I've watched and attended numerous episodes of "Live" and I think it is better than ever now. Personally, I found Kathie Lee Gifford annoying and I am thrilled with the breath of fresh air that Kelly Ripa brings to the morning. Her rapport with Regis is fantastic to watch and their dynamic is unique. When I can't watch "Live" live, I tape it and start my evening with the talk show pair that have no peer.

Good program!

Author: Movie Nuttball from U.S.A.
15 October 2004

I think that Live with Regis and Kelly is a fine show. The hosts of the show are Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa. The show is a bit different than it was when Regis was with Kathy Lee Gifford. Regis and Ripa in My opinion work together very good. Regis is very good as always. Kelly Ripa, a young and very fine looking gal is also very good. What this show has in store for its viewers is actually pretty good. These two hosts talk about things that is going on such as news, the things that they like to do, they have special guests like actors and actresses, and more! The show is interesting and keeps you entertained. So, if you are watching television early in the morning and want to watch a show that has many celebrities then I suggest that you watch Live with Regis and Kelly today!

show needs to drop Live! title

Author: xlaparas from United States
1 September 2014

The show keeps making more and more prerecorded shows and host chats. They have been airing prerecorded shows for the last month! How can the show be called Live! I have been watching it for many years and every year they do less and less live shows. They should re title it because it is deceptive to the audience. When Regis and Kathie Lee were on, the show was much more respectful of its audience by airing live shows. When Kelly first started, they continued to do so in the beginning, but as time went, more shows were prerecorded. These last couple of years have been ridiculous. Several times a year, they air prerecorded shows for several weeks! The host chats are usually very brief and they never discuss any newsworthy issues (how can they?)--they stick to general topics to mask the fact that it's all prerecorded. It is frustrating to watch on a daily basis and now, as soon as I realize that the show is prerecorded (they indicate it at the bottom of the screen very quickly during host chat), I turn off the television. Nothing wrong with it but don't call the show Live!

is she trying too hard

Author: elizmcintosh from new York new York
5 June 2016

I think Kelly is trying too hard to show she is not a raciest. She now is looking to the gay community to help her. She was very unprofessional when she left the show for a week and I do not think she will ever regain her nice girl image. Too bad, Regis has not spoken to her since he left and now Michael, could it be her???? I would not like to see Anderson as her co host because I think it would be a big mistake for his career. Now if they replace Kelly love to see Anderson with someone else, maybe his mother??? I think Gelman has been very professional through this whole mess and I would like to see him and Anderson co host one time

It's time to select a co-host for Kelly

Author: magodwin from Edmond, OK
24 January 2017

I have been watching the show since it was Regis and Kelly. I loved Michael with her and was sad to see him go. I do think she acted childish. Although she was blindsided, and I would be upset too, she should've acted more professional. She isn't new to the business, she should've known how to act. That being said, I watch this show whenever I can. I really enjoy it. I love Kelly's energy and how well she interacts with her co-host and guests. I also love how much she interacts with the crowd. On Snapchat I see a lot more involvement with the audience and it looks really fun. I do wish they would just pick a co-host. I feel like the revolving co-hosts was fun at first but now it's just embarrassing. Can't wait to see who they pick and I'm sure I will love it! Just hope they do it soon...

After 26 years, "LIVE" has run its course - time to pull the plug

Author: duraflex from Ohio
28 January 2015

Once upon a time, LIVE was a pleasant morning talk show with humorous TV veteran Regis Philbin and chatty singer Kathie Lee Gifford. It was upbeat and mainstream and a pleasure to watch. The hour flew by.

At first, Kelly Ripa did an adequate job of replacing Kathie Lee. And then the producer Michael Gelman decided to make the show what he thinks is more edgy and hip it's been on a downhill slope ever since.

Regis retired - or got pushed out. An ex-jock (who is so very full of himself) was chosen to be the male co-host. Michael Strahan is hardly an appealing TV personality. I can barely stand to look at his smug face let alone listen to his ignorant and inane comments. He may have been a great football player but as a TV host - not seeing it.

Whatever charm and appeal this program once held is long gone.

Fun feel good morning talk show, Kelly you perk me up!

Author: Danny Blankenship from Petersburg, Virginia
18 February 2016

Over the years this TV morning talk show program has went thru a lot of changes with host coming and going especially the men host. Yet one good thing and eye treat is the staying of the sexy and hot Kelly Ripa she's so full of energy and fun that she really makes the show go! Always Kelly has worked well with any man host she has as her chemistry is untouched and the way she works off of the crowd makes the show roll and she's bright and funny. Aside from that the show always features interviews with well known guests like TV and movie stars and famous people even political guests. And the host give away gifts and prizes for the audience and Kelly and her male host are known to play games and trivia and also they act out wonderful sketches and little skits for the crowd! Overall wonderful morning show that's fun and it's real treat to watch the beautiful Kelly Ripa.

Boredom has set in...

Author: pomerac from United States
1 July 2013

While I understand this is the show's long time format, almost 15 minutes of talk about what the hosts did last night, who they ate with, what shows they saw, who visited from out of town, what they did on vacation, pictures of their family .... all just as boring as a run on sentence. Is this the new social media where instead of tweeting it, "facebooking" it, pinning it, "instagramming" it, you do it live on TV? When the host changed from Regis to Michael, I started watching again, thinking the format probably would have changed a bit. Alas it didn't. I guess I have grown out of looking at day time talk shows. I am just tired of the nonsense talk and I really don't care much about Mark, Joaquin, Lola, Nicole, the twins, or other family members of the hosts. I can't see how this 'information' entertains or edifies me in any way.

My office is in my home and I keep a television on the office throughout business hours. While the focus is not a television show while I am working, I do have the flexibility to actually stop in the middle of my work to turn up the volume on a show and look at valuable content. This show has no valuable content.

Miss Kathie Lee and Regis but Michael and Kelly Are Great!

Author: ShelbyTMItchell from Seymour Tennessee
23 September 2013

The show will always be known for the pairing of Kathie Lee and Regis. As Regis is still missed and so is Kathie Lee. As both of them helped to make the show what it is. Back in the late 1980's when the show went from being a local show in NY to the top of the USA.

But now that Kathie Lee is moved to the Today Show and Regis is in semi- retirement, still the new one with Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan brings a lot of youthfulness and a lot of more chemistry to the show. Plus they are trying to reach the key demo of 18-49 audience. Which is the target range of the new show.

Still it is worth a look. And you won't be left down by the show's trying to gain a youthful audience.

Great morning show

Author: adiprudential from United States
11 August 2005

Please don't pay any attention to the above review. Kelly may not be stuck up and refined like Kathy Lee but she is also a lot less whiny. Kelly brings a younger, fresher, more entertaining aspect to the show. She is hilarious besides cute and quirky. I think they have a great chemistry and she is keeping the show going. The hilarious things they do on this show keep me tuned in every day. They do a segment nearly everyday about cooking or home interior or improvement ideas. The guest hosts are usually very funny. Nick Lachey was a recent favorite. Nick and Kelly did a workout together and even that was extremely funny. I wish I had her energy and Regis'longevity. When Regis retires they will need a replacement to sit next to Kelly, cause she isn't going anywhere.