IMDb > Space Mutiny (1988) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Space Mutiny

Space Mutiny More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 18: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

The Pain! The Pain!

Author: filmbuff-36 from Houston, TX
4 May 2000

Lost in Space's Dr. Smith would probably best describe his experience of viewing this as "Oh, the pain!"

I have never seen a movie that even comes close to being as bad as this film! The acting is bad, the script is put together by sixth graders, and there were two, count them two, chases involving little floor sweeper/golf carts! The space ship is practically one large basement that even has brick walls! Why the hell were those strange space witches dancing all the time? An even better question; what were they doing in this movie, period? The man who played Kalgan was also the angel-guy from Barbarella, so I guess he hasn't learned his lesson about doing bad b-movies.

Oh dear God, be benevolent and destroy all non-MST3K'd copies of this film! If you watch this, make sure Mike and the robots are there to help you through the whole ordeal. Otherwise, may God have mercy on your soul, because the creators of this trash won't!

They don't get any cheaper than this trash.

Author: lartronic from Akron, Ohio
11 April 2000

Not even on a-so-bad-it's-good level,it's just plain horrible. In my opinion it's slightly better than "Pod People", only about a 1/2 star, though. I can't believe Cameron Mitchell sank this low. It's a wonder how distributors put this garbage on video, but don't put some of the classics that are out of print or never have been. I bought this one for $2.99 sometime back, and I've only watched past the opening credits about 2 min. I saw the whole thing off of MST3K, which was hilarious. I hope every day that this video goes out of print, it's stuff like this that clutters up video shelves today.

I've never laughed so much.

Author: Steve Smith
13 March 2000

This 'movie' definitely falls into the 'so bad it's good' category. I won't go into all of the ways that it is bad, I will just say that it is bad. Bad bad bad.

But that's why I love it so.

Look at the pansies in their little golf carts.

Author: Bigmoose from The Satelite of Love.
12 March 2000

Oh good god almighty did I hate this! Just for fun, one night a bunch of my mystie friends and I decided to rent this to see who would be the last to go insane. No one won. What is up with this, all I could make out was Shirley Maclane in a tank top running around with robocop and Santa for half an hour in golf carts. Watch with the bots, or else.

The second worst piece of celluloid filth ever.

Author: BdV@RM
10 March 2000

That's right, even this isn't quite as bad as Manos. Nevertheless, there are a good many things to hate about this movie. Just thinking about Captain Claus and his skank daughter; the 'Valerian' cult based on lightning globes; the incredible resurrection of the bridge brunette (that one had me laughing on the floor); the sophisticated communication modules composed of ancient PCs and Radio Shack telephones; and not one but TWO thrilling bumper car chases; these things bring tears to my eyes even now. If you see it with MST3k, you'll be scarred for life; if you see it without, you will want to die.

Embarassingly Bad

Author: Dashner from CA
14 February 2000

This is one of those movies that makes me cringe with embarassment for the film makers. Couldn't have anyone on the set told the director how incredibly crappy everything looked? I understand low budgets, but come on. It's not like they paid any money for the stock Battlestar Gallactica spaceship footage. And what was up with the ancient PC's? They could have made some sort of cardboard prop of a futuristic computer for less money than it took to buy all those TRS-80 model Tandy computers from Radio Shack.

View this movie only if you're a hardcore B movie fan. You'll get a few chuckles. Otherwise, avoid it .

Yuck - I saw a copy of this at a gas station!!!

Author: mcwax from Illinois
20 January 2000

This is one of the worst movies of all time but one of the best MST3K's of all-time. MST3K's best episodes have lots of people and things of which to make fun. Spoilers:

First, a dead woman reappears later in the movie! The set is 40% cubeville, 50% aging septic system, and 10% never-was-hip juice bar/dance club. Thirdly, the special effects are supreme joke-fodder.. Kalgon, Punch Rockgroin, and Ed Grimley star in this great MST3K classic. Don't watch it without the puppets and the dough-y guy.

Not a great movie

Author: Squirrel-5 from Philadelphia suburbs
3 January 2000

The only thing about this movie I liked was the opening credits! MST3K did a viewing of this movie in season 8 Apart from that the movie is not very well filmed. Special effects are not well produced.

Ishtar in Space

Author: Vice-5 from Allentown, PA
2 January 2000

OK folks, here it is, the worst film ever to depict a giant space ship. What's so bad about it, you ask? Well, here goes: inside this particular space ship are characters that looked like they were created from the messed-up head of Salvador Dali! There's a big, muscle-headed fruitcake by the name of Butch Deadlift, or Big McLargehuge, or whatever, there's Shari Lewis with a high on methane, there's captain Santa Claus, and there's the giggling bad guy named Kalgon. All the production values

"Space Mutiny" had to offer was extremely bad, but the topper of them all is Reb Brown's gay high-pitch scream. What, is Brown castrated or something? Why does his vocal chords sound as if someone had just hit him really hard in the nuts?! It boggles my mind!! Brown should join the Vienna Boys Choir if he has such a girlie voice!

I had viewed this flick from hell on MST3K. It was a hilarious episode, but I felt really sorry for the cast of that funny show. Case in point, when the movie's final credits were scrolling down, Mike, Tom and Servo were fighting amongst themselves! Can this movie really push somebody over the edge? You decide for yourself, dear reader, by watching "Space Mutiny", if you dare!

ABSOLUTELY THE WORST SCI-FI MOVIE EVER!

Author: NateW from California, USA
31 December 1999

I previously tried to comment on this movie, but I just couldn't find a way to explain my deep hatred for it. It's positively the worst sci-fi movie I've ever seen. The acting is atrocious, the sets look like something out of a beer brewery, and the 'effects' are downright awful. The villain Kalgon(yes, that was his name)was absolutely laughable and had a laugh only slightly less annoying than that of the villain Krankor from the Japanese movie Prince of Space, another great sci-fi turd. The hero Punch Rockgroin or Slam Squatthrust or whatever the hell his name was, was equally annoying in a stupid kind of way and insisted on screaming like a woman in fits of panic and didn't seem to trust in people's ability to move forward on their own. Throw in some mohawked bad guys, soldiers with really bad aim, a ship commander who looks like god, weird chanting space witches who had nothing to do with the plot, a woman who reappears after getting killed(!), and lots and lots of unintentional humor, and you basically have this dreadful abomination. Watch only at your own risk. You've been warned.