IMDb > Satisfaction (1988) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Satisfaction

Satisfaction More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Great feel good teen chick flick

Author: omolara-doyle from United States
24 October 2006

I first watched it in 89 when I was a preteen. Just saw it again on DVD and still think it's pretty awesome. DVD picture quality isn't the greatest but all that teen angst is awesome and Justine Bateman still rocks. Was a bit surprised to see Julia Roberts who I had no recollection of but Liam Neeson is probably the reason I ended up living in Europe. That accent!!

I'd definitely recommend it if you just want to kick back, relax. Watch some big 80s hair and funny girl band stuff. The other cast members are pretty cool too although not as memorable. Couldn't get over Julia Roberts in this movie dressed similarly to the way she was dressed in Pretty Woman.

I loved it and definitely recommend it for feel good flash backs.

Nostalgia factors huge into my review....

Author: pixidrizzl from Fenton, MO
26 May 2003

I haven't seen this in ages but I can tell you, as a teen I watched it over and over and over. I'm not sure how it would hold up to new viewers, though. It's a really fun film about a girl band trying to "make it" and facing all the dilemmas that can pop up when a bands just starting to get a feel for themselves and their music. Each member has a unique personality that really meshes in a fun way. I hope they issue this one out on DVD at some point because I'll be first in line to purchase.

Guilty Pleasure

Author: hoshi_82272 from South Carolina, USC
10 June 2003

Justine Bateman was probably the primary pull, or point of interest for me - from 'Family Ties'. I saw this movie when I was younger (high school perhaps). I even made several attempts to locate/purchase the soundtrack. To this day, I still sing their version of 'Iko Iko'. I had no clue who Julia Roberts was at this time - but her character did stick with me. This movie is fun to go back and watch now, with all of its cast who have gone on to further their careers.

Great '80s Comedy!

Author: fechka-1 from Michigan
26 August 2005

So this is not one of the best movies from the '80s, but it made a big impact on me because of Julia Roberts. I thought she was so cool, and I copied a lot of my fashion styles after her character in the movie (big hair and all). Being a child of the '80s I've been slowly collecting many of the classic comedies, and this one has been on my list for a while. So when I discovered last month that it was finally coming out on DVD and at a great price, I pre-ordered my copy. It has some really good moments and good one-liners, like when Julia Roberts' character, Daryle is told by one of the preppy guys she's seeing "You're different from the other girls", she responds "I can work really hard to be the same", or when Daryle is explaining to Billy that getting married is a natural thing, Billy responds "Dying is natural too, but you don't see people rushing to do that". So if you want to take a trip back to the '80s or if you're a Julia Roberts fan, this movie is for you.

teenage rock and roll

Author: djillson8 from United States
23 February 2010

Satisfaction is a teenage graduation music adventure come to life! Its about love and friendship. Music and trusting in your closest friends! After graduation and a fast escape from city life a rock and roll band of friends: Jennie Lee, Mooch, Nickie, Billy, and Daryle(Julia Roberts) visit the coast for the summer. They find an upscale bar and stay with its owner(liam Neeson) for the summer. They stay in his boat "shed" and make it a temporary home of their own! They are all confused about life and what they should be doing for the summer and why they are even there, but the music never stops and the girls sing, dance and party their summer away. The Girls fall in and out of love, The music rocks but the singing never dies it just moves on! The summer seems to have flown by and not everyone wants to leave! Separating stinks, but the girls head for home.

entertaining rock fluff

Author: zimbo_the_donkey_boy from Calumet, Mich.
29 July 2003

You have to like rock music to enjoy this flick. Don't watch it expecting to gain deep understanding of the female psyche behind power pop bands. Ignore the trappings that Hollywood just had to add to the story. Bateman does a fine job. Phillips was ok. I found Roberts totally forgettable. It's too bad that this movie was considered a failure because it didn't catapult Bateman to (fellow Family Ties) Fox's level of fame. It's fine as what it is, a fun bit of rock fluff. And now I rewatch it every few years to relive my youth.

Not a good film by any stretch of the imagination

Author: Meredith-7 from Melbourne, Australia
26 May 1999

Not a good film by any stretch of the imagination. The storyline is a shocker and the acting is, at times, quite bad. However, seeing Julia Roberts and Liam Neeson in early roles before they were big stars makes it worthwhile. The one redeeming feature about this mess is the dog! He is so cute! But Justine Bateman is just awful, can't sing, can't act and can't talk properly. It's no wonder her big stardom has been confined to Family Ties.

Forgettable Early Roberts Role

Author: CitizenCaine from Las Vegas, Nevada
11 April 2004

Julia Roberts made her first credited film appearance in this late 80's girl band movie. Four girls and a token guy, a geeky one at that, travel to a beach coast roadhouse to be the summer house band. When the owner takes a liking to them, they could be headed for Europe where his friend can set the girls up. Are you kidding me? These girls don't sound good enough for that kind of opportunity. The girl band is headed by Family Ties girl: Justine Bateman on lead vocals; Britta Phillips is on lead guitar; Julia Roberts is on bass; Trini Alvarado is on drums. They all seem to have been cast with big hair in mind, popular in the late 80's. Scott Coffey is the token male on keyboards. The girls are all different clichéd types: Phillips is the simpleton stoner with an over-abundance of brainless comments; Roberts is the slut girl supposedly; Alvarado is the tough girl that falls for geeky Coffey! Of course that would never happen in real life. Bateman's character isn't fleshed out enough for us to know how to identify with her. She comes off as street savvy, but then melts into Liam Neeson's arms. He plays the club owner where the girls stay for the summer, and he is far too old for someone of Bateman's ilk, as portrayed in this movie. I didn't really believe he was ever that interested in her. The subplot about the guy gang is ludicrous and serves no purpose. The 80's synthesizer bridging music is annoying at times. Deborah Harry, of Blondie fame, has a cameo as sort of an acquaintance of Neeson's. The film has a couple of funny moments, but is mostly forgettable. Watch it only if you have nothing better to do, like washing your big hair. * of 4 stars.

quite brainless but fun

Author: imdb_rater from Germany
23 December 2011

Yes, the movie treats things like stealing and drugs too lighthearted. Nothing the girls do has any severe consequence on them or others. But this movie doesn't even attempt to have depth. It's just about leaning back, enjoying some good music and Liam Neeson's Irish accent. I enjoyed watching it more than I would have expected from IMDb's average rating, and I got to like all of the main characters. After all, the quality of this movie is still much higher than more recent teenage comedies in the likes of American Pie which only make jokes about sex or disgusting things. It's not the kind of movie I would watch many times, but I recommend everyone to watch it once who likes to see a teenage comedy without American Pie humour.

crazy enough to dream about

Author: Aprodia from Sofia, Bulgaria
2 November 2004

to make a band...that's been a dream of mine since i'm able to dream!!! and the love story between Nick and Mooch is very sweet. I'm a lot like her so guess what i'm dreaming about - the same thing to happen to me! anyway, the film is totally awesome - watch it. by the way i have to say that the songs were very cool: i mean, satisfaction, mr. Big stuff, and so on.... besides they're really good - they're playing well if they had a CD , i would buy it.

so that's from me hope u follow my advice and watch it - it's really good

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]