IMDb > Purple People Eater (1988) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Purple People Eater More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

One of the best kids movies ever made

Author: Kristian Hansen from Denmark
24 November 2013

I have never written a review on IMDb before, but now I felt it would be the right time to do it.

Alright for me 'Purple people eater' is one of the best kids movies ever made, if not the best. Its a wonderful story about a relationship between a boy and a thing from outer-space who can play music from its horn.

Its a movie thats fits right in if you're having an off-day or you have been home laying sick, or just wants to sit on a Friday evening with your kids, eating popcorn or candy and just relax with a good movie.

The music in the movie is so well picked that it fits right in to the scene, and every time you see Purple on the screen you can't stop smiling or laughing because he is so special on his own way. Neil Patrick Harris does a wonderful job playing Billy, but sadly I felt that the movie was more about Purple than it was about Billy, still I think he did quite a good job.

Lighthearted Family Comedy Gone Wrong

Author: gimmekrispykreme from Illinois
12 June 2003

Don't get me wrong. I love most any comedy that has a low level of objectionable content. This, however, is nowhere NEAR the level of quality of any of the Disney films, or any other family movie for that matter. The star of the production, the Purple People Eater, looks like a Barney impersonater that went to the tailor while drunk. Stay away from this awful mess at all costs.

This movie really.....

Author: beatriz_m_g4 from Guayaquil, Ecuador
28 July 2004

Sucks! My God!, it has the lamest ending in movie history! How are we supposed to believe that the kid was actually singing?? And, What was Little Richard doing there??? He can do SO MUCH better than that! This movie should be it the Bottom 100 rank!! Lets star with the tittle, it suggests that this is a good B movie with actual Purple people eaters! Now, that would have been a cool B movie. Next let go with the plot.... Well all i can say is, It is really lame, bad, it sucks, and f i keep going with this i will never end.... And the ending song??... Well lets just leave it like that... Conclusion, if you are up for a movie in which you can laugh for its stupidity and bad visual effects, you should rent this one...

Horrible family comedy.

Author: lartronic from Akron, Ohio.
8 December 2000

You'd have to be insane to actually go out and rent this, and then take it to your family. The Purple People Eater looked like a bad halloween costume some kid threw on just to get candy. Sure, it's not heavy on violence or anything, but come on! I could film a better remake with my camcorder! A complete and utter waste of time, don't even bother.

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]