IMDb > Bluegrass (1988) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Bluegrass (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Delightful!

Author: piaffe417 from Michigan
4 June 2002

This is a movie I stumbled across during an afternoon of channel-surfing and immediately came to love. Though the premise initially seems to be a bit of an 80's cliche, the endearing nature of the characters draws you in (especially Brian Kerwin's superb Dancy Cutler - his performance alone makes watching the movie worthwhile). The picture painted of the Thoroughbred industry is also very true-to-life and, most importantly, so are the horses themselves. This only serves to make the relationships between the human characters more credible. (My personal favorite part is the expression on Maude's face when Dancy tells her he can get "anything" in foal.) I sum this up as a movie with something for everyone - great characters, romance, struggle, triumph, and great scenery.

Very enjoyable and entertaining

Author: peggy_03037 (peggy_03037@yahoo.com) from Missouri
18 January 2002

This movie is very well acted and is throughly enjoyable. It is an interesting comment on the thoroughbred industry and was well acted and very convincing. I wish it would come out on video as I would love to own it.

Excellent movie. One I could watch everyday.

Author: (Colleencma@aol.com) from Freedom, CA
11 February 2002

The movie Bluegrass was just excellent. I would love to own the movie Bluegrass but can't find it anywhere. I have checked everywhere to no avail. If anyone has a clue please email me. Thank you. I have even e mailed Cheryl Ladd's web site and asked for any help in finding this movie!

Wow

Author: brookegurdasjohal from Canada
23 December 2007

I just want to say that this is one of the most memorable made for TV movies i have ever seen. I remember watching it and wish so much that i could find it on DVD or video. my family has a copy of it that they recorded while it was on TV. so the commercials are all there and i would just love to see it fully without fast forwarding. i love Cheryl Ladd and all the other characters in this movie. being the daughter of two thoroughbred trainers this movie hits close to my heart. in the very beginning of this movie there is a scene where they are in the bidding circle. the very dark skinned male sitting with his hand close to his face, he is wearing a horseshoe ring, he is my father :) another reason i live this movie. he had very small parts throughout the movie. that first scene and many scenes where he is actually riding the horses. :) i love this movie and if anyone knows where i can find it please let me know :)

A very good tv movie !

Author: locksley01 from Bordeaux, France
3 June 2000

"Bluegrass" is probably one of my favourite tv movie : romance, suspense, good guys and bad guys ... the recipe of "Dallas". Cheryl Ladd (Maud Adams)is playing a convincing horse breeder who must fight against her evil neighbour, played by Wayne Rogers, the very hateful Lowell Cheeplea. Brian Kerwin, playing Dancy Cutler, is the nicest character of the entire show : an ex-alcoholic who tries to fight his demons and win the heart of the beautifull Maud. "Bluegrass" is a tv movie for all the saga lovers, it's like ... you know, the sun during a sunday afternoon ...