- The receptionist says she committed suicide, there is a man who hanged himself, and the crushed messenger is implied to have done it to himself.
- Juno looks normal, but there are scars on her neck that indicate she cut her own throat.
- Beetlejuice is said to have been a civil servant and Juno's assistant; it was going to be explained in the film that he hanged himself (incompetently and very painfully) due to heartbreak. While this was cut out of the film for running time purposes, it is hinted when Bettlejuice is surprised at Lydia wishing to die.
- In one scene Delia wears the red sweater that Charles wore in a previous scene, except as pants. She wears the sweater upside down with her legs in the arm holes and held up around her waist with suspenders.
- During the Deetzes' first dinner in their new home, Delia is seen with an elaborate decorative black hair band wrapped around her head that nearly resembles feathers. The "headband" is actually a pair intertwined women's gloves.