IMDb > "Mystery Science Theater 3000" (1988) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Mystery Science Theater 3000"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board
Page 11 of 21: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

WARNING: MST3K can be hazardous to your health!

Author: ecomcon-2 from New York
26 May 1999

One Saturday afternoon I was foolish enough to eat a dish of pastina (small pasta) while watching MST3K. I laughed so hard I started to choke on the food and nearly passed out from lack of oxygen. After I cleared my esophagus, I threw out the pastina and continued watching the show.

If I stood in front of a firing squad and the warden asked me what was my final wish, I would request one last episode of MST3K. If you haven't seen this show, you haven't lived.

Pearl Forrester rules!

6-5-4-3-2-1!

Author: icy-4
22 May 1999

Very good show. Different and unique as well! I love this show. It is on the Sci-fi channel now. If you have this channel, check it out. All it is, is a guy and his two robot friends make fun of old, crappy movies in their own private theater. See it when ever you get the chance!

drooling fanboy praise follows

Author: John P. O'Malley from Cleveland, OH
20 May 1999

Truly one of the funniest shows ever on tv, up there with Police Squad!, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Fawlty Towers, and the early years of SNL. If not for this show, I never would have seen such great flicks as Eegah, Angel's Revenge, The Beginning of the End, or (fanfare) Manos, the Hands of Fate. Every friend or family member I've turned on to this show has loved it. I just wish the sci-fi channel wouldn't show it at such goofy times (11:00 on Sunday mornings??? I'm either working or asleep).

It's like going to theater without leaving home!

Author: Michael McAllister from Greenville, Pennsylvania
13 May 1999

I love to watch this show. Because it's funny, and you won't worry about payin' 4 the movie like in the theaters. And the movie's good too! I have a video collection of MST3K tapes.(They're a little hard to find 'em.Unless U buy em' on th' internet.)Anyways, Mst3k's a cool show. Watch it!

The best show on TV.

Author: Willie-31 from VA
7 May 1999

This is the best show I have ever seen despite the fact that its premise is stupidly simple. It's pretty much just a man and 2 robots making fun of the worst movies ever made. The creativity involved is amazing, though, and every week I (and thousands of other fans of the show) fall out of my chair laughing while watching it. It is the funniest (and maybe the weirdest) thing I've ever seen on TV. If you've never seen this, you're missing out on truly great television. Check your local listings and watch it.

Gotta Love it.

Author: Cloud-6
7 May 1999

Even if you don't like MST3K if you watch it you will bust out of your skin laughing. You'll laugh so hard you will start crying.

****:perfect 4 stars,One of the funniest & most unique TV series of all time

Author: PJS-5 from New Hampshire
25 April 1999

This is one of the most hilarious TV shows on TV & one of the most creatively made shows.This program places a man & his bots (present day,Mike Nelson & Tom Servo & Crow,older generation,Joel Robinson(Joel Hodgson),Tom Servo,Crow),true it'll look cheap because it's a low-budget show but there's a high good chance that you could care less about it,& it has an array of films that truly do deserve to be on this show,true you might wish that they could place in a modern known B-film to as least a decent film(yes you can heckle at good films) but that's more the fault of the networks there on because frankly they've never bother to help fund the show more,true to those who aren't impressed with MST3K(yes they're actually some),you might think of M&TB as "3 guys who make fun of a lot of other things while they heckle the film,& think they can get away with it",false the only reason why they tease on consirderably good things(Jim Carrey,Japan) is because they try to appeal to different sorts of audience,(theres obviously more but I won't get into that).I admit perhaps bashing on countries(basically countries-only don't mind the rest) is a little ethnically offensive but remember what I said above.

My eyes, my eyes!

Author: pippinmaniac from United States
26 January 2007

I discovered this show back when it was on Comedy Central in the early 90's. The whole premise for the show is so original-movie watching as a form of mental torture. I look back with fondness upon the first episode that I watched. It was "The Human Duplicators" starring Richard Kiel. The horror! Since then, of course, I have seen nearly all of the episodes, including the granddaddy of all bad movies, "Manos: the Hands of Fate." My eyeballs were permanently seared after that one. Here's hoping that more episodes will soon become available on DVD. My favorites include "The Day the Earth Froze", "Danger: Death Ray!", "Daddy'O", "Outlaw", "Bride of the Monster", "Mitchell", "Girl's Town", "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians", "Killer Shrews", "It Conquered the World", and "The Thing That Wouldn't Die". Movie Sign!

If only I could've been a writer for this show...

Author: marcus_stokes2000 from Italy
12 October 2006

*MST3K SPOILERS*

A young man is closed into a spaceship by his bosses, because of a whim, and has to watch very bad movies (we're talking 'Manos: The Hands Of Fate' and 'The Incredible Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed-Up Zombies' kind of bad). He can't even stop them, because he used those parts to create sentient robots (Tom Servo, Crow, etc...) who help him stay sane during the vision of these atrocities, by mocking them with hilarious comments ('Puma man flies like a moron' 'This was the alternate ending to Beaches', etc etc).

This show is what we all usually do if we find out we are watching a bad movie (short of turning it off or changing the channel), and gives out some hilarious quotes ('Come hear Libby Quinn, playing the organ with her feet').

Watch this, and if you aren't laughing your ass off...

well, I'll be sorry for you.

MST3K: 10/10.

one of the great 'cult' TV shows of the past twenty years

Author: MisterWhiplash from United States
20 September 2006

It's a shame this show doesn't get much airplay anymore, but when it was on I tried to watch as regularly as I could. To this day the show affects the way I watch certain movies. And, really, they make it so that it's the ONLY way I can watch some of these movies. I could maybe see myself seeing a bad monster movie or an undercooked message sci-fi tome or something that was made with (stolen from a grade-schooler's) lunch money and put shoddily to celluloid, but not too often unless in the company of a lot of friends and a mood to heckle. Instead, this show basically does it for you, and though it seems all improvised bashing and goofing, it is definitely all written out, from scene to scene the observations are by a team of professionals- more or less- and the wit is at best scabrous and at least worth a few chuckles. The method is so ingenious that they've made it actually really enjoyable to see some of the worst drek ever contemplated. Some of these for me in the past have included, but not been limited to, Manos: The Hands of Fate, The Hellcats, The Sinister Urge, a Godzilla movie, a Cuban missile crisis movie (I forget the name), Mixed-up Zombies, and many others I can't remember. The only drag comes in the in-between filler segments, with the sort of dialog that really can only be classified under 'banter'. But when Joel/Mike, Crow and Tom Servo get their critique on, it's very, very funny more often than not. And now that more and more of them are popping up on DVD, the bad-movie night choices are endless, if ironically daunting at the promise such bad movies made fun of well can bring.